Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween Masquerade Ball

Go down 
+18
Sinful Elegance
Evans
Moony
Dark Shadow
Snivellus
Mmmm Muggleborn
MagicalMe
Sinister Beauty
Sweet Surrender
Rookwood
Toujours Pur
Padfoot
Hestia Jones
Sadistic Bitch
Fly Fearless
SimplyMe
Teddy Bear
MarieC
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:10 am

Dora smiled up at Sirius as he took her by the hand and gently kissed it. It sent chills down her spine, him touching her, his gentle touch. He certainly had a spell over her, that was for sure. "Why thank you my little tart, and I dare say, you are the lovliest girl I have seen here." Dora giggled a bit at Sirius's comment. There were surely other girls there that looked way prettier than she did, but she was glad for the comment. "Why thank you Black and may I add that the decision to unbotton the first few buttons of your shirt, was definitely an improvement." She gave him her mischievious grin and returned his wink towards her.

She turned her head as Sirius was calling over someone dressed as what appeared to be a vampire and then looked back towards her date. "Do you know who it is?" She inquired and listened to Sirius's words for the costumed student. "Nice crop of females? That's a bit of an unusual way to put it." She said, a bit perplexed by his classification of the females here, but after all, this was Sirius Black.

Her attentions were then brought back to the vampire and she tried as hard as she could to figure out who it was, but it was pretty much impossible. It was obviously not one of the self proclaimed Marauders, Sirius would know them right off. She was sure that they told each other of their costumes, much like her and Marlene did.
Back to top Go down
Snivellus

Snivellus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:29 am

He continued to watch Dorcas and the other person whom she was talking with and he frowned a bit as he saw him take her hand and place a kiss on it. Nothing else happened between the two so he wasn't too taken back by it. He still didn't know why he was even caring about any of this and he cursed himself for deciding to go to the Prefect's bathroom in the first place. Had he not gone there, he never would have seen Dorcas in her gown, and he wouldn't have these insane thoughts running through his head about her. He thought that maybe he should just leave the spot he was standing, go and talk to Narcissa and her friends, that's where he should be anyway. That was, until, the person that Dorcas was talking to called him over.

He thought about whether or not he should go over to them. If it was someone talking to Dorcas then it was almost certain that it wasn't a Slytherin. He really didn't know who she was friends with, he never paid much attention to her, or other girls for that matter. The only girls he was close to was Narcissa and Bellatrix and he wouldn't exactly call their relationship a close one. He was best friends with Lucius and where there was Lucius, there was Narcissa, and where there was Narcissa, there was Bellatrix.

After a few moments thinking he decided to go over to the two of them. He walked over slowly, a bit of a smirk on his face. He looked around the room looking at the other girls there. The stranger was right, there were plently of good looking girls there, but none of them, in his opinion looked as good as Dorcas. She took his breath away now that he was standing close to her. He couldn't help but stare at her for a few moments.

He turned his head towards the male who had called him over. "Evening." He said, his voice sounding a bit unlike his normal dry tone. Probably a good thing. Not too many people liked him, he was a bit of a loner and didn't associate much. His dark eyes drifted back towards Dorcas. "Evening Madam, and If I may say so, you look exquisite."
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:51 am

As the three of them stood there Sirius looked over this unknown person'ts costume, now that he had come closer it wasn't all that bad of a costume, but it was a vampire just as he assumed. He still couldn't figure out who the man behind the mask, and decided it wasn't that big of a deal. Dory had question the way he had referred to the other girls around and in his quick thinking came up with a smooth reply. "Well love, it's a guy thing really, I'm sure he understood what I meant by it." He spoke trying to conceal the worried look on his face as he turned his attention back to their guest. "So why haven't you snatched one of these lovely ladies up yet? I mean it's Halloween, we're all having a good time, and some guy decided to put someone's underwear up for display." He held back his laughter has he spoke, it was harder to do everytime he looked up at his handy work. Though he didn't recognize the stranger, he somehow felt that he knew him from somewhere, perhaps he had a class with him, or maybe he was one of the quidditch players he's seen James hang around, whatever the case he felt certain this guy was familiar.

Sirius stood there quiet for a few moments, trying to place where he knew the guy from, but then he caught his gaze drifting over onto Dory a few times. His eyebrows would quirk and his personality seemed to switch into a more defensive one. This guy eyeing his date? Pretty smooth of him to wait until he was invited over before making his move, but the fool failed to realize who he was up against, Sirius Black. Never one to have bad luck with the ladies and certainly not one to lose one to another guy. And with that, the game was on, whoever this guy was, was in for a suprise if he thought something would come in between him and his date. Clearing his throat Sirius would throw his arm around Dory's shoulder and smile at there new friend, "Awful quiet there aren't we?" He would throw out his free arm and give a friendly nudge to the vampire clad student. Then returning his gaze looking back down to Dory smiling at her as he pulled her even closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:20 am

Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 17323Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 472_1

Holding onto Narcissa's hand, Lucius Malfoy made his way down towards the Great Hall. He couldn't help the smirk placed on his lips as he looked at her. She had always been beautiful, there was no denying that, but the way she looked in her dress, it accentuated her dangerous curves more than anything he had ever seen her in. He found his thoughts drifting towards places they ought not to be. These thoughts would soon get a bit more interesting as he watched her perform her spell on herself. He hated to admit it, but seeing the fangs she had just condured up on herself made him a little warmer in his heavily costumed body.

He stood still as she then pointed her wand at him, his smirk widening a bit at her comment. He felt his teeth with his tongue after he saw her do so. Severus certainly had a knack for creating the most useful things. He was about to ask her if she was ready to enter the hall but before he had the chance to, he found Narcissa close to him, dangerously close. He watched her as she removed the mask from her face and he braced himself for what was about to come. They had only just admitted their feelings for one another, but ever since, she couldn't seem to keep her hands off of him for long, not that he was complaining by any means.

"You know, I bet kissing like this would be quite an expereince." He nodded at her comment. She was right of coarse and similar thoughts had been running through his head since he saw her dressed the way that she was. He felt her soft, perfect lips on his and he wrapped his arms around her waist, a chill running throughout his body as her perfect fingers found themselves on his neck. He returned her kiss and then smirked once more as she drew away from him. He saw her smirk as well and he had a good idea that her thoughts were exacly where his were.

"I think that this spell may come in quite handy." He told her. He then followed her into the hall. He greeted Melanie and Bellatrix with a nod and looked around the hall, his head held slightly high in his normal superior way. If it wasn't for Narcissa, he would never have come here.

He stood against a nearby wall and let Narcissa chat with her friends. He folded his arms across his chest and looked at his nails. He had only just arrived and he was quite bored already. Scanning the room with his steely gray gaze he looked for Severus. He had talked him into coming, much like Narcissa had talked him into it. At least then he would have someone he associated with to talk to, not that he wouldn't talk to Narcissa, he just knew how she got when she was around her girlfriends. Seeing no sign of Severus he continued his stance against the wall and waited for either someone of importance to talk to him, or for Narcissa to tell him she was ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:36 am

Dorcas blushed a bit as the stranger told her that she looked exquisite. Something about his voice sounded familiar, though she would have to talk to him more to see if she knew who it was. "Why thank you, and you look rather dashing yourself, though those fangs of yours are a bit too realistic." She laughed lightly and then looked up at Sirius as he was defending his comment. "It's quite alright. I am sure that half of the guys here would have said exactly what you did." She gave him a reassuring smile. She couldn't help but laugh again as she saw the underwear hanging from the statue. He certainly never missed the chance to pull off something that would have the school talking for months.

She couldn't help notice the way the stranger was looking at her and by Sirius's reaction, she thought he had noticed it to. She looked at him as he threw his arm around her shoulder. She wasn't sure if he did it because he wanted to or because there was someone else looking at his date, no matter the circumstance, she wasn't going to complain.

She looked at the stranger again as Sirius commented about his quietness and then looked back to Sirius as he looked at her and smiled at him. Her smile grew a bit wider as he pulled her even closer to him and she moved her arm to wrap around his waist. If he only knew how much she really liked him, how bad she wanted him to kiss her, she wondered exactly what he would think about it. So many times she wanted to just admit it to him, either that or make the first move and place her lips on his, but she had it in her head that he was going to have to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMe

SimplyMe

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:51 am

Hearing the explanation that he gave, Karen couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped her lips. Lightly covering her mouth, she coughed to compose herself. “Sorry, I’m not laughing at you or anything, it’s just…I wasn’t expecting your costume. Very clever though I might add.” She said with a slight smile. As she gazed up at him, it suddenly struck her how blue his eyes seemed. And very familiar but she still couldn’t pinpoint exactly how or where. As she broke their eye contact, Karen looked in Molly’s direction. Yet no matter how much she motioned, Molly refused to come over, obviously not wanting to interrupt anything. Which was completely ridicules as Karen didn’t even know who she was talking to.

With that thought in mind, she turned back to him with an opened mouth, intending to ask about his identity. Yet when he started to compliment her, she couldn’t help but flush in pleasure. Generally being very outspoken, she was surprised that this stranger was able to affect her into becoming a quiet bumbling, flushing…girl. He caused her to feel comfortable, but for some reason also on the edge, as though he could pounce any second. Not an entirely bad feeling…but it wasn’t good either.

As she listened to him ask her to dance, she wistfully shook her head. Karen wasn’t used to her feeling being in a turmoil inside her like they were now. Having several boyfriends before, she was always the one that called the shots. Yet being around this stranger made her want to be docile and have him take care of her. Something about that didn’t sit well with her. Not one bit. And at the moment Karen wanted to put some distance between them until she settled down.

“I think I should just go talk to some people before. Just for a bit.” She said with a half smile. Seeing his face fall a bit, she raised her hand to lightly touch his arm. “But perhaps you could save me a dance later?” As he nodded, Karen fairly flew across the hall to Molly, her person, her anchor. Until she got her head back straight again, she was not going to step a foot near that stranger. With her emotions in a jumble, she wasn’t sure what she would do or not do with him. But she sure wasn’t going to find out. Not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Snivellus

Snivellus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:09 am

"I know what you mean." Severus nodded in agreement to the unknown man's comment to Dorcas. His voice was sounding more and more familiar, and he knew that it was someone that he knew, but didn't normally associate with. Whoever it was, he seemed friendly enough, he just wasn't sure that they may be as friendly if they knew who he was. Severus then thought that possibly, he might not be as friendly either. He wasn't exactly what you would call a friend to many people. He was pretty much out for himself most of the time and continually was trying to perfect spells and his potions methods, something that he knew would get him far with the Dark Lord once he left this wretched school.

"I just arrived here and I haven't recognized anyone I know yet. I am simply observing now." He said in his usual dry tone. The only one he recognized was Dorcas but he wasn't about to reveal himself to her, not just yet anyway. He figured he would do it eventually, maybe give her a sign of some sort that only she would know, that way he wouldn't have to reveal himself to the guy she was with.

His dark eyes glanced in the direction of the statue and saw the undergarments that were hanging from it. He didn't find this the least bit amusing actually but Dorcas as well as the other person did so he managed a half smile. "Quite an interesting choice of undergarments I must say. Do you have any idea whose they are?" He inquired, not really caring who they belonged to.

He watched the unknown stranger place his arm around Dorcas' shoulder and he frowned a bit. It was looking like she was his date. Such a pretty girl would definitely have a boyfriend he told himself, but still his eyes kept drifting over to her.

He cringed a bit at the hit he received on his shoulder. He didn't like people touching him much but he shrugged it off. "I am usually pretty quiet when in the company of people that I didn’t know, at least until I get to know them better." His frown then returned as he saw Dorcas being pulled closer to whoever this guy was and then saw her place her arm around his waist. "So, I take it the two of you are dating?" He asked, a bit surprised but what had just come out of his mouth. Sure he wanted to know but not that she would ever see him as more than what every other girl in the school thought about him. He still wasn't sure why he was feeling or thinking this way, all he knew is there was just something about this girl that completely took over his senses. It was possible that they were not dating, that they were just simply here on a date. He stood in silence and waited for a response. He wanted to say something to Dorcas, but he really didn't know what to say to her. He didn't have really any experience talking to girls. Maybe he would have to talk to Lucius about it, though he knew damn well that Lucius would never approve of her.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 am

Sirius knew for sure by the guy's body language that he wasn't liking the fact he had draped his arm around Dory's shoulder. And in return she had placed hers around his waist, this swelled Sirius with pride and he knew that he was well on his way to yet another victory. It was only a matter of time before the poor chap realized he had no chance and walk away in shame. Sirius couldn't blame the guy, Dory was very attractive so it wasn't completely the masked strangers fault. But that didn't mean Sirius was going to allow his date to leave with another man. The guys voice became eerily more and more familiar each time he spoke and it was starting to bug him not knowing who he was, he would continue trying to figure it out as he listened intently to what he was saying. "Well my good man, it's not about recognizing anyone you know, I mean it is a Masquerade Ball after all, but it's about making yourself recognizable." A tinge of excitement could now be heard in his voice. "Take those underwear for instance, now I bet my last galleon that Sirius Black concocted that, and we all know he isn't shy in the least." He stood proud as he gazed once again upon his work, Sirius never did understand why some people were so shy, why not just cut loose and be themselves? But nonetheless, he wouldn't criticize the poor guy.

He loosened his hold on Dory now that he was sure the stranger had picked up on them being together and smiled in only that Sirius charming way at him as he heard him ask who the underwear belonged to. A stifled laugh escaped one in which he would quickly change into a fake cough like he had a bit of dust or something in his throat. "Well the clever git that hung them up there also pointed out that they were indeed James Potters knickers, I always knew that man was a bit childish, Action Hero Merlin? That is priceless." A loud hearty laugh would follow the statement, he couldn't have been more proud of himself at that moment. Shifting his stance Sirius gave a quick once over of the room again, it was strange being in this place and not knowing who anyone was, but it was definitely fun, he couldn't deny that. He would bring a hand up and rake it through his hair, but forgot he had slicked it back with some kind of oil that Wormtail had given him, and a frightening thought occured to him. The glossy sheen that it gave off made it look like Snape's greasy hair, and he hoped with all he was no one thought he was that whiny man. Always by himself complaining when James and him poked a bit of fun at him. How he hated that man, and he was sure the feeling was mutual which made even more fun to pick on him.

Deep in that though Sirius was alarmed at their new guests next question. Was he and Dory dating? It took him by suprise as Sirius never thought about it, he just accepted that he was charming enough to have just about any girl he wanted, and not wanting to be rude had to think of a reply. "Well we have been seeing a lot of each other since the new school year had begun, and she is my date for the Ball, so in a sense we are, but it's nothing serious, like I said we've only just began to talk this year." Satisfied with his reply Sirius smiled but wish he thought of something more clever to say. But that was the best he had and there was no need to question it anymore. "So what about you? Any girls you are dating or wanting to get a little closer too?"
Back to top Go down
Moony

Moony

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:53 am

Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Musket12 Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Mask510

Remus footsteps were quieter than usual, due to the soft soles of his boots rather than the hard ones of his dress shoes that he was to wear day after day. Gloved hands reached up to touch the mask, making sure that it was securely placed. He felt a bit odd, as if he were hiding beneath the heavy clothing and mask. The hat upon his head was titled forward to shadow his eyes, the rather ridiculous feather sweeping backward. He didn't know what had posessed him to go as a musketeer, but it had been rather better than the half hearted suggestion he had recieved of going as the big bad wolf by Peter. He hadn't thought it very funny.

Light brown eyes glanced about the great hall, looking over it's inhabitants. It seemed that he wasn't late nor was he early as there seemed to be a good amount of people already there. He was a bit bewildered as to how some of the girls got away with the costumes they had on, but he couldn't help but wonder if Marlene had chosen to wear the same. He gave a shake of his head, it didn't seem much like her. Remus tried to pick her out from the rest, but was having a hard time seeing around everyone and then trying to guess who they were. He let out a sigh, how he hated masquerade balls.

Moving forward, his cape fluttered behind him, and he found himself reaching back to keep hold of it to make it quit. He thought he looked somewhat ridiculous but no one was looking at him and laughing, so he supposed he was dressed accordingly to what was expected.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMe

SimplyMe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 am

As she hurried in the direction she last saw Molly, Karen started fanning herself for some fresh air. Lifting a hand to her nape, she held her brown curls up in one hand to cool off. Perhaps it was how crowded the Great Hall had suddenly gotten. Karen looked around in amazement, the room had certainly filled out since she first entered the room. ‘Had she been that involved in the earlier conversation?’ Suddenly realizing she had no clue of what direction to head in, Karen tip toed slightly on her golden shoes and tried to peer over everyone’s head in search for that particular redhead.

Slowly turning on her toes, Karen let out a slight gasp as her foot caught on her white silk cape’s hem and she pitched forward in the crowd. To stop her fall, she automatically reached out and grasp anything. Thankfully she was able to hold onto someone's arm. Instead of falling forward, she was able to regain her balance and only accidentally bumped into a cuddling couple. However, to make matters worst, Karen lost the grip of her bottle of butterbeer and watched in horror as it spilled on the guy. Clasping both hands to her mouth, she profusely started apologizing and grabbed napkins from a nearby table.

“I’m so so sorry.” Karen said as she started patting the front of the guy’s suit with a napkin. “I don’t understand how that happened. Here, let me just…” She looked up and stopped for a moment as his brown eyes seem vaguely familiar to her. Realizing she had stopped moving and was watching his face as she tried to place his eyes to a familiar face, Karen flushed and hastily stepped back a few steps. ‘Seems my face is permanently flushed at this ball,’ she thought to herself with a sigh.

Her brown eyes followed a floating candle and nearly hit her forehead with her hand. “I’m sorry I’m such a ditz.” Karen said as she dropped the napkin and pulled out her wand. “Scourgify.” Instantly his clothes was spotless as though the accident never happened, which was what Karen hoped would happen.

“So…” Karen started to say to ease the silence. “I think you guys should stay away from the butterbeer if you get my point.” She joked with an embarrassed shrug of her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:14 am

Marlene was standing in a corner of the room, sighing lightly as she watched Dora with Sirius from where she was. She had assured her she would be fine, but she couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable and out of place. Her fingers kept playing with the front of her skin, pulling lightly at the scratchy purple fabric. Whoever had invented costumes had probably meant it as a mean joke as it seemed to her that everybody was in the same predicament as she was, finding their unusual clothes too big or too tight, too heavy, too warm or plainly scratchy. In her case, it was a mix of all the above. The skirt she was wearing felt strangely heavy and big, definitely not helping when she was moving. Her shirt, however, was too body fitting to her taste - she knew Dora had tried to convince her otherwise but she still felt very self conscious as to its tightness. And the costume as a whole, including her mask, felt scratchy against her skin. She shook her head lightly, her brown curls covering her shoulder as she did so. Social events were not exactly her favorite activities, though she hadn't had most of a choice for this one. She was shy and didn't like much to talk with people she didn't know, and in this case, she couldn't be sure of anyone's identity. At least, she hoped Remus would like her costume.

As the thought crossed her mind, she couldn't help the light blush that covered her cheeks at the rememberance of what had happened in the Prefect's Bathroom where she had tried on her costume with Dora. She hadn't been able to sleep at all the night after it, feeling strangely awkward, embarassed and... she couldn't quite explain it. She had felt different that night, not the same kind of shyness, it had been something else. She had felt a strange warm feeling spreading through her body, making her skin tingle lightly. And the weird thing is that, as her mind had been racing madly, one thought that had crossed her brain was that she was not the one who was wearing too little - he was the one who was wearing too much. Every time she thought of it, her face turned red and she was wondering what it'd be like the next time she'd see him. Maybe he'd act as thought nothing had happened and she'd be most grateful for it. But if he didn't... well, she was about to find out, wasn't she? That is, if he came. And even if he did, she'd have to recognize him, or the other way around.

She looked up at the Great Hall's entrance in time to see a guy dressed as a musketeer entering the room. She tilted her head slightly, raising an eyebrow curiously. His way of walking was familiar, but practically his whole body was hidden by his costume. She couldn't tell who he was, but for the first time in the evening she wondered if the person she had just seen was Remus. Shyly, she inched closer to him though not too close, in case it wasn't him. As she did, he looked around the room and his eyes met her for the shortest time, but it was enough to make her knees go weak and her heartbeat speed up. A small smile spread on her lips as she tried to stand still. Only one pair of eyes in the whole school had that effect on her. She took a deep breath and made her way to the musketeer, really hoping he was indeed Remus - if he wasn't, she'd most likely feel embarassed. When she arrived to him, she stood behind him and cleared her throat lightly to make her presence known, touching his shoulder in a feather like touch with the tip of her fingers.

"Are you looking for someone, sir?" she asked softly, smiling lightly as she waited for him to turn around and prayed that he was who she thought he was.
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 am

Dora listened to the way that Sirius explained to the stranger their relationship. He was right, what he said but she really wished that it was more than it was. Perhaps in time it would be but for right now she was happy just being there with him. He really was the perfect guy for her in many ways. He was incredibly handsome, very loyal, friendly, mischievous and an all out great guy. He was certainly fun to be with, there was no denying that.

Her eyes scanned the room once more and she was surprised to see how many more people arrived. She hoped that Marly had found Remus already and that the two of them would join her and Sirius. After all, they were very close friends with each other. It would be a lot of fun if the four of them could go out on a date with each other.

She focused her attention back on Sirius, her eyes drifting occasionally to the stranger they were talking to. He was friendly enough, he just seemed a bit shy. She was sure it was because he didn't know who they were. She wondered if they were going to have a mask unveiling at the end of the night, that way everyone would know who everyone else was. It was a bit fun though, the mystery of it all.

A small laugh escaped her lips as a girl dressed in what appeared to be a Greek Goddess costume bumped into her and Sirius, spilling her drink on him. She certainly appeared a bit embarrassed about doing it. Sirius of coarse wouldn't get upset by it. It was easily vanishible with a spell. She saw the girl blotting him first with napkins and then scourgifying his suit, making the spot instantly vanish.

She turned towards the girl, who looked quite stunning in her outfit and smiled warmly at her. "Good evening," she said with a slight giggle. "How are you tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Fly Fearless

Fly Fearless

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Madeline continued to walk her slow pace. She was being very observant, and tried to figure out who was who. As more and more students came in, she tried, but didn't succeed. She sighed. She made her way back to the empty table she was sitting earlier, and then maybe someone would talk to her, she wasn't about to just come up to someone and say 'Hey!' Who knows who she could talk too. On her way back to the table, she helped herself to a butterbeer. Squeezing between people, she shyly said "Excuse me."

Getting to the table, she just now noticed that a pair of underwear where on a statue. Action Hero Merlin? She smiled, and laughed. "Wonder whose those are?" She said outloud. Knowing no one could hear her. Then she heard a booming voice say that they were James Potters. SHe laughed more. James Potter? He likes Action Hero Merlin?

Trying to get out of her gloomy mood, Madeline found herself wanting to dance. Though no one asked or seemed like no one was going to ask her. She again got up and walked around. These boots are getting easier and easier to walk in. She laughed. She went over to the food table and grabbed an apple, her favorite fruit, and munched on it. Madeline hoped that someone would talk to her. It'd be nice for someone to finally notice her.
Back to top Go down
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:43 pm

Meda found herself biting her lip as he spoke with a light grin and looked into her eyes. Fate, her mind’s thoughts repeated. She had a bad habit of biting her lip, usually when something she thought seemed too good to be true. It was a way to prove it was real. ‘Silly excuse,’ she would always tell herself, but true none the less. He was such a charming and kind young man, a kind of person she had never run across before. She was used to rude, cruel men that her family always tried to introduce her to, so naturally this would seem unbelievable; here in front of her was a kind person that seemed but a man of a dream. He of course was also a person her sisters would more than likely despise. No man that they approve of is this amazing. She almost yelled at herself. She had just claimed a man she didn’t know amazing, but for some reason she could already tell he was. Such a foolish girl I am, she thought to herself, Associating with the forbidden.

The charming grin that appeared on his face after telling him to never mind her question of his name made her stomach feel like it had something fluttering within. It was an odd feeling she never felt before. It baffled her that something so simple as a grin made it feel the way it did now. "Well, after all, the point of these masks is so that our identities remain unknown, isn't it?" she heard him say and his kind voice broke her away from her thought on the strange feeling. She couldn’t argue the logic in that. “It is, but the whole mask thing, or your case eye patch, does cause one to be plagued with curiosity.” She replied with a smile.

"Would you care for something to eat?" she heard him ask her and she nodded. “I am feeling a bit hungry; didn’t have much at dinner.” She answered.

Her attention was torn from him when a load voice echoed through the Great Hall. "James Potter, please remove your under garments from everyone's view, that is absolutely unnecessary sir!" She looked to see where the voice was coming from and saw a person dressed in a phantom of the opera styled costume next to a statue wearing a pair of knickers with Merlin the action figure on them. The sight made her chuckle. The under garments were obviously James Potter’s based on what the loud voice said and the phantom must be none other than Sirius Black, her mischievous cousin.

Meda turned back to the mysterious man in the pirate costume she was previously talking to chuckling. “James is so going to kill him,” she spoke trying not to laugh to loud. She could already picture James Potter, who so happened to be Sirius’s friend, forgetting about that friendship of theirs and strangling him. Probably not something one would ordinarily laugh about, but knowing the two she knew that they would still remain friends and James would come up with a prank of his own for Sirius.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm

As Sirius stood there awaiting a reply from their vampire guest, he couldn't help but let his mind wonder on how Dory would take his explanation of their relationship. He knew that it wasn't exactly what she may have been hoping for, but it was a situation he himself had never been in before. In the past his "relationships" never lasted past a few days, and it was suprising to see himself still with her. He really couldn't explain the situation, simply because it was all so foreign in his mind. But seeing James and Lily frollicking around like they have been, getting closer to one another with each passing day it was a wonder he was able to keep his cool when around the two of them. James had changed so much, and when he was with that Evans woman he was a completely different person. He was still Prongs, but not the same as he was in years past. Perhaps it was the stress of being Head Boy, Sirius wasn't sure, and Evans and her incessant nagging damn sure wasn't helping matters much. These thoughts began to agitate him and his patience started to wear thin, it would be visible to any who looked at him, one hand would be clenched into a fist, and he was sure he looked a bit flushed in the face, and just as he felt he was about to explode he remembered his brilliant prank just moments ago. That seemed to calm him down enough to regain his composure and realize he was in the presence of company. He would turn to Dory trying his best to force a smile but it was more like a distant look, his deep brown eyes would show that his thoughts haven't fully settled yet. But he did his best to conceal his trouble and managed a few words. "Dory." He would begin speaking, looking down at her as compassionate as he could have, "What say you and I go and get a mug of butterbeer, and some food? I'm starving." His stomach had suddenly reminded him that he hadn't eaten since breakfast.

But just before he could say another word his body was thrashed a bit, and he stumbled backwards, someone's drink had splashed all down his costume. This would cause him to laugh heartily as the poor girl seemed to be embarrassed and was frantically blotting his clothes with napkins. She finally realized she could use magic and pulled out her wand using the scourgify spell which made his clothing good as new. Still laughing he would place both hands in the pockets of his black slacks, which by the way he felt completely ridiculous in and watched as Dory spoke her greeting to the girl that seemed to be dressed as some kind of Goddess. It amazed him to see all of the costumes the students chose to wear, and it was obvious that most of them took great pride in making them as realistic looking as possible. Another thing he found funny which helped along his bellowing laughter, here he was standing in a room full of students he is sure he's seen around sometime or another, but not knowing who anybody was because of the great detail and effort they put in to their chosen disguise. Yet he threw his phantom get up together at the last minute as usual, took him all of ten minutes. He really wasn't sure what any of his friends would be coming as, he of course expected them to be around somewhere however, and Moony, no doubt he would feel ridiculous in anything he came up with. Turning his attention back to the clumsy girl Dory had been talking to, he decided to interject himself in the conversation. "Is this a friend of yours Dory? Quite the clumsy one isn't she?" His question would be asked in between his hearty laughing.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Bear

Teddy Bear

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:31 pm

He couldn't help but smile as she bit her lip, his eyes soft as he looked at her. Even though he had been hoping to talk to her for so long, he never could have imagined it would simply feel so good. He didn't know how long that good feeling would last - maybe, once she found out he was a muggleborn and so would be frowned upon by her family, she would turn him down, though he knew it wouldn't be because she shared their opinions. But he couldn't help himself but hope she would go against their wishes and be with him. He had admired her from far for too long now - he only wanted to be close to her, to be able to hold her and talk to her like he was doing right now, without being afraid that something, or someone, would come between them, which was likely to happen. But that was tomorrow's problem. He was decided to reveal his true identity to her, later on, but not tonight. Tonight he'd let her decide wether or not she wanted to get to know him without dreading her sisters. He knew that her knowledge of who he was wouldn't only be hard on him.

His smile widened into a grin once more as she spoke up and he nodded, looking around at the other students gathered in the Great Hall. "I must agree with you," he said softly. "A curious mind would probably suffer in this place, not being able to know wether or not the person he is talking to is indeed who he thinks it is. But it has other advantages," he added, turning to look back at her, his eyes staring straight into hers. "Especially for people who are usually unable to approach a person they have been wanting to talk to for so long - it gives them the opportunity to do so as an anonymous admirer."

Upon hearing her she was a bit hungry, he smiled lightly and tilted his head slightly, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "Is there anything you'd fancy?" he asked. "I'd be glad to go and get you something."

As Sirius Black's voice echoed in the Hall - a voice which was rather well known by everybody in the school - Ted turned his attention from Andromeda momentarilly to look at the object of the Gryffindor boy's prank. He couldn't help but chuckle as well as his eyes fell on the article of clothing. The notorious prankster had pulled out a rather good one this time, not that he usually didn't, but his latest achievement was definitely gonna get him on James Potter's list of future victims. None the less, it was obviously lightening up the mood in the Great Hall, as most student had been until now walking around by themselves, not being able to know who was who.

He turned back to Andromeda with a broad grin as she said Sirius would be killed soon enough. "Well this will definitely be an interesting sight once James Potter walks into the room," he said. "Sirius should be on alert for the next few weeks to say the least."
Back to top Go down
MagicalMe

MagicalMe

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Having lost sight of Karen for the moment, Molly decided to get something to drink while waiting for someone to arrive that she would be more than willing to dance with. The lovely fairy wings attatched to her back made travel more difficult than it would have been without, but the costume was incomplete without them. She'd just grin and bear it, a butterbeer in hand. She made her way to the refreshment table without incident and grabbed a bottle. Scanning the table for a familiar outfit, she grinned at seeing a pirate costume wearing girl. Molly moved down the table towards the girl, just hoping that it was who she thought it was: one of her roomies, Madeline Abbot. Sharing a room meant that most of them had seen each other's costumes, so her thinking that it was Maddie was hopefully correct.

"Having a nice night?" she asked conversationally once getting to her. She took a sip of her butterbeer, soft brown eyes looking up at the girl. It wasn't helpful that Maddie was wearing dangerously high heels and was already taller than the petite Molly in flats, but it would work for the night. She took a moment to look around for her goddess friend, and saw her not too far away performing a spell on some poor guy's ruined costume. Was that butterbeer spilled over the front? Molly just hoped his temper didn't match what he was dressed up to be- the Phantom was not one to annoy. But he seemed good natured enough, for he did not explode with fury, but just laughed. Relieved, she looked back up at Madeline.
Back to top Go down
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Andromeda found herself searching his eyes. After her mention of being curious as to who was who behind these masked they were all wearing, he had looked around at the other students momentarily and spoke in a soft voice,"I must agree with you, a curious mind would probably suffer in this place, not being able to know whether or not the person he is talking to is indeed who he thinks it is. But it has other advantages." he then turned to her and looked into her eyes and continued. "Especially for people who are usually unable to approach a person they have been wanting to talk to for so long - it gives them the opportunity to do so as an anonymous admirer." Was he one of those anonymous admirers and was she the one he had wanted to talk to for a long time? She continued gazing in his eyes hoping to find the answer which she finally decided must be true. She found the fluttering in her stomach had continued and grown stronger. It must be what people refer to butterflies in their stomachs.

Meda couldn’t help but smile at the way he smiled, tilted his head slightly, and raised an eyebrow. "Is there anything you'd fancy? I’d be glad to go and get you something." he asked after she mentioned she did happen to be hungry. She did one of those tilts of the head in thought. When she figured it out, she lifted her head back to normal. “Well I saw a girl in a jester costume earlier enjoying what looked like a piece of cherry cheesecake. Based on the look on her face it seems to be tasty, so I guess I will have that and thanks by the way.” She answered and smiled sweetly.

Meda chuckled and nodded as he mentioned Sirius needing to be alert for the next few weeks. “No doubt,” she replied. “He will probably end up in real deep trouble by the end of the night. Knowing him he probably has loads more pranks planned before the night’s end. He just better not try one on us or he will surely get an earful. Of course I think he knows better than to pull one on me.”

A grin formed on her face remembering what happened last time Sirius tried to prank her. It had been during winter of the previous year and Meda had been enjoying a good book by a muggle author Stephen King. Sirius got the ‘bright’ idea that levitating a bunch of snow and dumping it on her. She of course did not like it at all and stupefied him and then got a bunch of snow and made a Sirius snowman. Good times, she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMe

SimplyMe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:12 am

"Good evening, How are you tonight?"

Karen looked over at the girl and smiled gratefully. Rather then getting mad at her for interrupting their conversation as well as making a spectacle of herself, she was including her in their conversation as though the past 5 minutes didn’t happen. “I’m great when I’m not spilling drinks down people’s oufits,” Karen quipped as she gave the girl an admiring glance at her costume. The form fitting dress did wonders for her figure as well as giving her a sort of elegant sheen. Feeling a bit self conscious, she twisted a brown curl around her finger a moment before tossing it over her shoulder and looked around. Just as she opened her mouth to ask for their names, the guy she spilled her drink on spoke up as he laughed.

"Is this a friend of yours Dory? Quite the clumsy one isn't she?"

Stopping short at the comment, Karen curiously looked at the girl more closely. Dory was it? Well, since she didn’t know of a Dory at Hogswarts, she assumed it was a nickname. As she searched her mind for the familiar faces of everyone in her year, Karen stepped back as it hit her. Dorcus Meadows! And if this was Dorcus, and if the gossip floating around was correct, then her date must be…Karen switched her gaze to her date and raised an eyebrow. Of course, Sirius Black. She didn’t know how she could have missed him earlier. Thinking back on all the times he’d annoyed her, Karen let out a sigh. If she knew it was Sirius, she certainly wouldn’t have spilled butterbeer on him. Butterbeer was too easy to remove. Something that would have left a larger permanent stain. She opened her mouth to retort his comment before she realized, he didn’t know who she was nor that she knew who he was.

Smiling sweetly, Karen commented offhandedly, “No, I’m not usually this clumsy it’s just the sight of Jame’s underwear hanging for the whole world to see that startled me.” She casually said. “Quite childish, but considering the friends he keeps, quite expected and understandable.” Lingering on the word friends for a moment, Karen smiled even brighter. “But being childish is the least of his friends problem if you know what I mean.”

She leaned a bit closer to the three of them. "One of my friends dated James's friend, Sirius Black...and let's just say that his reputation’s a bit exaggerated as he’s not all what he seems to be. Rather lacking in some areas if I remember correctly.” Karen mischievously said with a raised eyebrow. Looking over at Sirius, she couldn’t help the soft chuckle that escaped her lips.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:33 am

Dora looked to Sirius when he asked her if the girl was a friend of hers and she nudged him in the ribs with her elbow. "You weren’t supposed to say my name. I have no clue who she is, but thanks to you, she now knows me." She gave him a bit of a smirk and then laughed a bit, she'd rather people knew who she was anyway. "Yes, when you're ready, butterbeer and something to eat sounds good to me, I’m starving."

She couldn't help the smile on her lips as she saw that Sirius had a hard time controlling his laughter. It was rather a funny situation with the girl spilling the drink on him. She wasn't quite sure how she would react if it was her dress that got the drink spilled on it. It was easily cleanable so she was pretty sure that she wouldn't mind too much.

She looked towards the other stranger that they had been talking to, the vampire. He really hadn't said too much during the evening but she knew that she knew that voice. It was pretty distinctive.

Her attentions were then brought back to the goddess who was standing with them, she certainly seemed to be quite pleasant. “I’m great when I’m not spilling drinks down people’s oufits.” Dora giggled at this comment she made. "Well, it was an accident and it could have happened to anyone really. We needed a bit of something to liven the party up anyway. Your costume is beautiful by the way, it looks great on you." She gave the girl a warm smile and gently touched her arm as she spoke to her.

She listened as the girl spoke to Sirius and she had to clasp her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. If Dorcas didn't know any better, the girl knew exactly who Sirius was by her sly comments. As she continued listening further an odd expression formed on the corners of her mouth. What was she talking about? And what could Sirius possibly be lacking in. This was definitely a turn of events, though she didn't know if the girl was joking or not and she didn't want to give Sirius's identity away, though she was pretty sure after he heard these comments he was about to tell her exactly who he was.

"Lacking in certain areas you say?" A smirk on Dora's face as she looked at the girl. "Please, enlighten us, I am always interested in hearing such things about the infamous Sirius Black."
Back to top Go down
SimplyMe

SimplyMe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:37 am

"Lacking in certain areas you say?. Please, enlighten us, I am always interseted in hearing such things about the infamous Sirius Black.”

Karen mimicked zipping her lips shut. “I can’t possibly repeat what she told me. After all matters of the bedroom should stay in the bedroom.” Looking up, Karen spotted Molly in her fairy costume and smiled. Finally she was here. As she glanced at the couple, she couldn’t help but add, “Or perhaps I should say lack of action in the bedroom on his part. Apparently things weren't as expected. But I wouldn’t want to say too much.”

With a toss of her hair, she smiled at everyone. “I see some familiar people I have to go say hi to but hopefully I can talk to you later.” Karen said with a light squeeze on Dorcus’s arm. Turning on her heel, she ducked behind a particularly large person dressed as a tree. As she moved further away from the couple, she allowed herself to start laughing. With a quick flick of her fingers, Karen was able to loosen her mask a bit and move it on top of her head. As she moved toward Molly sitting with a pirate woman in the corner, she pushed her way out of the crowd of people and practically jumped on them.

“Molly! It’s about time you made it! So much has happened while you were gone.” Plopping on the empty seat beside her, Karen glanced next to her in surprise. “Madeline! You made it too! Look great by the way, even better then when I saw you getting ready in the dormroom.”
Back to top Go down
Teddy Bear

Teddy Bear

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:39 pm

Ted kept gazing into her eyes, finding himself fascinated by what he could read in them. He had always heard eyes were the window to the soul, but had never quite come across someone for who this was completely true. However, as he found himself in front of her, looking into her eyes, he had the feeling he could see completely who she really was, and she had the most beautiful soul he had even seen, as well as the most beautiful eyes. After what he had just said, she probably knew that he was aware of her identity - unless she thought he was perhaps confusing her with someone else, which he knew he wasn't. He had learned to know her way of walking and moving over the years, so graceful and yet so shy. He wished he could be closer to her, be honnest with her, but he had to take it step by step. This whole thing wouldn't be easy - even if she did agree at some point to get involved with him, it'd probably have to be in secret so that her sisters and family didn't find out, or else she would probably be in trouble and he definitely didn't want that, though he knew it would be unavoidable at one point, that is if their relationship worked... and if they even got into one. There he was, pratically planning their entire future and yet he didn't even know if she liked him, which she maybe didn't, though he really hoped she did.

He smiled at her as she said what she would like to eat and his smile widened into a light grin. "It's my pleasure," he said, nodding lightly at her before heading to the refreshment table and looking around for what she wanted. When he saw the plate on which was the cherry cheesecake she had mentionned, he grabbed a plate and cut a slice, putting it on the plate and bringing it back to her. He handed her the plate with a smile and his heart did a queer flip when his fingers brushed hers as she took the plate.

He sat on the chair beside hers with a smile, watching her as she talked about who he knew was her cousin, even though she was technically not allowed to talk to him - because of her sisters... the fact that Sirius Black was considered as a blood traitor among his family was a known thing, and the way Bellatrix and Narcissa Black treated him only prooved it. However, he had never seen Andromeda being cold toward him, or mean. She rarely even ignored him, except when her sisters were in the room. It was yet another proof of how different she was from them. As she mentionned that Sirius knew better than pulling a prank on her, a small grin appeared on his face and he raised an eyebrow curiously. "Does he now?" he asked.

He turned his attention from her for a few seconds as he noticed that some students were gathered on the middle of the room and had started dancing to the music. He looked back at her, tilting his head slightly. She was still eating her cheesecake so he decided to wait before asking her to dance.
Back to top Go down
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:25 pm

She felt like she was trapped within his gaze, but in a good way. His eyes were enchanting and she was indeed entranced by them. Andromeda was lost in his eyes and did not want to find her way out. It was strange how she found herself feeling the way she did, stomach fluttering and heart pounding, about a person she had just met. Maybe it was the way he looked at her or maybe his sweet voice. Whatever it was about him, Meda spellbound. She had never felt this way before, not about anyone or anything.

The smile that later formed into a small grin after she told him what she would like made the fluttering grow. "It's my pleasure, he spoke in that voice his. It was madness. She barely knew him and he was having such an effect on her. As he walked over to get her some cheesecake like she asked, she took a deep breath as if she had been released from some enchantment, but she knew that that momentary break wouldn’t last long for he was to return.

Meda’s eyes were hooked on him as he walked back with the cherry cheesecake. She smiled as he drew near. He handed her the plate with that charming smile of his. As she took the plate their fingers touched slightly and Meda felt a weakness spread through her and her breath and heart stopped for that second. She quickly regained herself and was able to keep hold of the plate. She took a bite and smiled. The cheesecake really was good. Meda noticed him sit beside her and she looked over at him again and said, “Thanks.”

"Does he now?" he asked her with a small grin and a raised eyebrow. Meda smiled and nodded, slightly chuckling. “He used to always try and pull pranks on me, still does from time to time, and I of course always get him back. He may be good at pranks, but isn’t that great at avoiding my revengeful spells. He learned fairly quick about that after I started attending Hogwarts.”

She let another small chuckle and took a bite of her cheesecake. She took a few more bites and then looked back up at him. He was looking away at something, but soon looked back at her. “Would you like a bite?” She offered holding her fork slightly up from the cheesecake with a bit on it if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Fly Fearless

Fly Fearless

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:33 pm

"Having a nice night?"

Madeline looked up, seeing a fairy speaking to her. She was fairly short, but of course Maddie was in high heel boots. "Actually yes I am, although you're the first person to speak to me...so." She smiled. "What about you? Having a nice night?" The girl had flaming red hair, and pretty brown eyes. Madeline has definitely seen her before. The it hit her, Molly Prewitt, one of her roomies. Madeline looked over to see what Molly was looking at and a greek goddess tripped, throwing her butterbeer all over a Phantom. "Oh wow..." She said. The goddess then came running to her and Molly. She spoke to Molly first, taking off her mask, it was Karen Rosmerta.

“Madeline! You made it too! Look great by the way, even better then when I saw you getting ready in the dormroom.”

Madeline smiled. "Yes, thank you, and you look wonderful. I saw you chatting away with a guy...hmmm Karen? Is there something you'd like to tell us?" She chuckled. Maddie loved hearing about everything, and anything. She couldn't help that she liked to talk. It's in her nature.

Finally finding some friends. She mentally sighed, and glad she didn't leave.
Back to top Go down
Evans

Evans

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Costume
Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 19292Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 562872-4871146

Hurried footsteps could be heard echoing through the corridors as Lily Evans made her way to the Great Hall, late for something for possibly the first time in all her school years. She had had a minor disagreement with her hair, but now everything was fine, and nobody would ever suspect she had been tempted to simply cut it off at least twenty times while getting ready. Even with magic, hairdo were not exactly Lily's area of expertise. She let out a frustrated sigh and brought her hand to the reason of her tardiness, smoothing the top of her hair a little. As she reached the door of the Great Hall, she raised her mask to her face, as she had been holding it all the way there so that she could see clearly while walking, and put it on, adjusting it so that her vision was still alright through the small holes. She really hoped that she wasn't too late, but she knew she was probably one of the last students to arrive. She took a deep breath and nervously ran her hands over her dress to make sure everything was in place before opening the Great Hall door and making her way inside the room, a light gasp escaping her lips as she noticed its appearance. The place looked really amazing and completely different, and for a moment she wondered if she really was in the right school.

Shaking her head lightly, she looked around slowly while biting her bottom lip lightly, wondering if she'd spend the evening alone as she could not recognize one single person at first glance. The masks, no matter how small they were, seemed to serve their purpose just fine. The makeup and costumes probably helped a little as well, for most student's body form disappeared under the large robes, and now this costumed event gave everybody the opportunity to wear clothes that showed every single body curve as though it was a second skin. Of course, it wasn't the case for everybody. There was a girl not too far who wore a light green taffetta dress which, even though it was sleeveless and tight around the waist, reached the floor. There was another one who was dressed as a bohemian, and two or three more who wore big and gorgeous dresses that didn't let most of their skin show, like the things some other girls wore. Lily felt a little self conscious about her dress - it was rather tight. But it was still decent looking and she probably wouldn't draw too much attention to herself.

She noticed a refreshment table not too far from where she was standing and sighed lightly of relief - she was starving, having not eaten since breakfast as she had been too busy during the rest of the day. Of course, there were no meals served here, but as her eyes ran over the table, she figured it definitely wouldn't be too bad in this case. She inched closer to the table, trying to make a choice. Everything looked so good, though, she couldn't make up her mind! Brownies, pies, tarts, cookies, cakes of every kind. The mere sight of them made her mouth water and her hungry stomach whine. After a while of looking, she was getting slightly impatient with herself and was about to decide randomly when a loud voice echoed through the Hall - she recognized this voice as none other than Sirius Black's... she had heard it more than often enough to recognize it every single time the sound reached her ears - claiming... what?! She was sure she had heard him wrong, he wouldn't have... then again, he was Sirius Black. He pranked everybody, and apparently even his best friend, she noticed as she turned around.

Her eyes fell on the piece of clothing, she couldn't quite restrain the light chuckle that escaped her lips. Merlin action figures? Well that was interesting. She had noticed James' childish behavior over the years, though he seemed to have tamed himself during the last few months, but this definitely beat it all. She knew the Masquerade Ball had now officially been turned into a prank war which would continue as soon as James Potter entered the Hall or retaliated, if he was already there. Normally, she would probably have rolled her eyes and muttered about boy's immaturity, but at the moment, she found the prank rather funny - beside, it would simply lighten up the mood of the party, which seemed to be quite low at the moment. Most students were probably shy or hesitant to approach each other. Shaking her head lightly with a soft smile on her lips, Lily was brought back to reality by her groaning stomach. Sighing, she turned back to the refreshment table to once again try and decide what she wanted when her eyes fell on a big, scrumptious looking chocolate cake. She instantly cut herself a slice and put in on a plate, grabbing a fork and digging in, tasting the sweetness of the chocolate in her mouth as she let out a small sigh of satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Masquerade Ball   Halloween Masquerade Ball - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween Masquerade Ball
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey to the past :: Old Threads :: Deep in the depths of the Black Lake-
Jump to: