Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Empty
PostSubject: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:21 am

Date: October 31st/November 1st 1975, midnight

Private

Andromeda walked slowly, shaking, and barely able to walk straight. The shock of the ball had still not worn off. Her mind was in a dizzied state, still working out what had happened. The night had started out so magical. She had met a wonderfully sweet guy in a costume that oddly enough matched hers. They talked, smiled, he gave her some delicious cheesecake, and then they danced. The dance, Meda thought dreamily. That dance, even though it lasted shortly, was the best moment of her entire life. The rush of feelings, the urge to kiss him, the feeling of magic; so wonderful; but of course this magic did not last long. Bellatrix, one of Meda’s cruel sisters, had interrupted the joyful time by ripping off Meda mask and the boy’s eye patch and scarf. This ruined everything. The boy turned out to be a boy named Ted Tonks, a muggleborn. Meda had no issue with his blood status, but her sisters did. Next thing she knew both her sisters and Lucius were all claiming she had betrayed her blood. A bloodtraitor her sister Cissy called her. Then Sirius stormed up in a fury, soon followed by his brother but with a look more like Cissy and Bella. Regulus secretly told her to go to the dungeon and meet him at midnight and now here she was in the dungeon, only a minute or so before midnight.

She let out a disappointed sigh when she saw he was not there yet. She had hoped he would be for when she was alone her mind would try thinking of the ball and that only hurt more; with Regulus there she would probably think less of the hurt and just on what to do next and that was better by far. Tears began to form in her eyes as she leaned against a wall. Everything had gone so wrong. Her life shattered in mere seconds. Her family practically turning their backs on her, except for of course the few her weren’t prejudice gits. Meda’s body slid down into a sitting position as tears began to fall down her cheeks. Everything she had was now gone. No more mother, no more father, no sisters, her family gone; only Sirius and Regulus to ever talk to and she knew Regulus was going to be there for her less. He was still within the grasp of the others in her family and he wasn’t leaving. Sirius on the other hand was dubbed a bloodtraitor like her. He would understand her predicament a bit, but not fully. He didn’t have to bee a Slytherin. The Slytherins were surely not going to allow her in the common room and even if they did she would not be able to sleep for fearing one of them would kill her in her sleep. That would probably be something Regulus would understand being he was a Slytherin himself, but still he had no idea what it was like to be shunned.

Meda punched the ground in anger as she let out a furious sob. Why her? Why her of all people? First she was born a Black, then sorted into Slytherin, and now shunned from practically all she had. Meda prayed no one would show up while she was like this, except of course Regulus, but she was even afraid for him to see her like this. She probably looked pathetic, utterly pathetic. Meda tried to hold back her tears. He would show any moment and she didn’t want to be caught crying. She wiped the tears still on her face with her shaky arms. Her arms seemed to shake more a she tried to keep from crying. She wrapped them over her arms, hugging herself as she sat. Her body trembled completely with anger and sadness. Anger at what happened, her sisters, what it all resulted in, but with the anger came equal sadness of all these things. Over and over in her mind, Meda asked herself oone word ’Why?’.
Back to top Go down
Black My Eyes

Black My Eyes

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:45 am

By now he had stripped himself down to his black pants and a balck t-shirt he had worn under his costume...which had made it rather hot, but at the moment he didn't care. He had hoped to spend this time with Sadira, but his concerns were with his cousin, Andromeda. What Cissy and Bella had done to her was beyond wrong and to think that he was expected to take part in it really sickened him. He made the comments he needed to keep Cissy and Bella off his back, but Merlin knew that's not how he really felt about the whole thing. He trudged down into the dungeon, sending a glare at a few younger years who looked like they might follow him; the look said "follow me, I dare you." He skipped down the steps toward where he said he'd be meeting Meda. She was likely already there, waiting for him. He had gotten a little caught up at the Masquerade, so he was a bit late. He ran a hand through his hair as he wandered down the hall towards the dungeon, his thoughts beginning to wander.

For the first time in a long while he realized how miserable he was pretending to be this way, acting out towards Sirius the way he did. At one time they were a close as any brothers could be, but when Sirius went to Hogwarts and got sorted into Gryffindor...everything changed. His parents began to act coldly...well more so than usual...towards him and it was about that time they started working their ways into his young and impressionable brain and ever since then he had been fighting it. He admired Sirius for what he had done, for going where he has, and for fighting against their parent's twisted ways. Where all the while he felt weak for not doing just that. He wished that he could find that same strength somewhere inside him...or at least enough to tell Sirius that he still cared about him, but that would land him in the same boat with him and Meda now. What would be so bad about that? He asked himself, biting his lower lip. Death....exile...rage... That was what was holding him back.

It was at that moment he bumped into the wall. He had been su lost in his thoughts he hadn't been watching where he was going. He rubbed his nose a bit and pushed open the door, slipping through and shutting it behind him. He heard faint sobs and knew right away it was Meda. There was the familiar squelcing noise that indicated he had sealed the door and he walked a few paces into the room, seeing her slumped against the wall and crying. "I'm so sorry, Meda." He walked over close to her and sank down onto his knees, leaning back against the wall and closing his eyes. "I didn't mean what I said about Ted, putting him in his place, just so you know." He sighed and reached a hand over, patting her arm affectionately. "I don't think you're a blood traitor...I don't think Sirius is either as a matter of fact....."
Back to top Go down
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

PostSubject: Re: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:01 pm

Andromeda continued to search through her memories of the ball, hoping to find some little thing that might help her get back on the good side of her sisters, but she could find none. That simple little dance that seemed so harmless had caused such tragedy. She should have trusted her instincts that he was one her sisters would disapprove of. She knew there was something about him that was not what she was allowed to associate with, but no, stupid, naïve little Meda just had to continue talking with him, just had to dance with him. I am such an idiot, Meda thought to herself as more tears fell down her face. It had seemed so harmless just to talk to him. She probably wouldn’t have been so stupid as to dance with him if it weren’t for the false feeling of safeness behind the mask she wore or the strange feeling that that smile and voice of his had brought upon her. What were those feelings anyway? Foolish ones, Meda told herself. How could she let herself feel that way about someone she did not know? It was pure and utter madness. It was so stupid of her to let her feelings just go and form themselves about someone she had no idea the identity of, but then again was really her fault? Don’t thoughts and feelings just happen and are there. Did she have any choice in the matter? Of course I did, Meda thought. My thoughts and feelings, my choice. But that wasn’t really how it worked. Like how you can hate and love someone at the same time and no matter how much you tried making it one or the other it would stay both because your feelings are both. What a maddening concept.

Her thoughts were broken by the sound of the door. Meda forced back tears and wiped her face clean as he approached. As he spoke she nodded, she did know. Regulus was a kind cousin. He was the only one still welcome in the family with any heart at all really. He was one of the few to know what she was going through. She knew he feared leaving the family ways just as much as she did, whether or not they disagreed with them. Sirius on the other hand was braver. He had stood against the family ways and seemed to be enjoying himself. He had been dubbed bloodtraitor and he didn’t much mind, but Meda had been dubbed it without choice in going against the family or not.

Meda turned to Regulus and spoke, “I know, I know.” She then turned her head away and leaned her head back against the wall and let out a depressing sigh. “It all happened so fast. It all seemed so harmless, but that’s how the world goes right? One moment of joy and you get a lifetime of misery. I didn’t know who he was…but I guess I had a feeling he wasn’t on the approved list of my sisters. He was nice so that practically makes him disapproved. I was so foolish tonight. I should’ve stayed with people I knew, like Bellatrix said.” Another tear fell down her face and she turned to Regulus again. “I think he knew me, that Ted Tonks boy. I could tell. Some things he said made it obvious. I am such an idiot. I just don’t know what to do…I am just so confused.”
Back to top Go down
Black My Eyes

Black My Eyes

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:56 am

"I don't think Ted is bad, Meda. I know you aren't prejudiced against blood and neither am I...I just pull it off well." He offered a small smile to his cousin. "You need to do what will make you happy, Andi." He suddenly looked very calculating and slammed a fist into the wall angrily.

"We can't keep up like this, Meda." He said simply, leaning his head back against the wall. "I'm having a talk with Sirius after we're done here...I just have to." He looked over at her and bit his lip, leaning away from the wall. "Mum's driving me crazy, completely mental." He lifted his sleeve and showed her the angry cuts there mingled in with fading scars. "I did that, Andi. I did that because I can't stand it anymore. That black eye I had last week, not from a duel like I said it was." He didn't elaborate any further, just yanked his sleeve back down and slumped against the wall. "You are one of the only ones I can trust telling this too." He looked at her very seriously and licked his lips before speaking again. "Mum wants me to join Him, but I just can't do it Meda." He ran his hands through his hair a few times as if irritated and let out something like a growl, pulling his knees to his chest. "And honestly, I miss Siri as much as you probably do." He sighed again and looked at her. She looked so sad. Her tears were what his cuts were to him: the embodiment of all the pain.
Back to top Go down
Mmmm Muggleborn

Mmmm Muggleborn

PostSubject: Re: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Andromeda listened as her cousin spoke. She knew her cousin wasn’t prejudice against blood. He was stuck in the same thing she was—had been—in. It was horrible. Now Meda knew why she never wanted to leave. She never wanted to be shunned by the family. Now she would live in fear that her death would be caused by one of them in orders given by their Dark Lord. To live in fear of one’s own family was not what Meda wanted. She wanted to be loved, but now she knew most of them didn’t give a rat’s ass about her. Regulus and Sirius were the only real family she had ever had. Her and Sirius both bloodtraitors and Regulus still stuck within the families’ grasp. Her cousin said that she needed to do what would make her feel happy, but what would make her feel happy. For so long she had been told what to do, what to say, what to think; now she had no idea what she even wanted.

Meda looked at Regulus with an almost horror-struck expression when he slammed a fist into the wall. She listened closely as he talked. As he showed her his arm, a hand clasped shut over her mouth. There were scars from cuts. Her cousin then told her that it was all self-inflicted. He then talked about his mother wanting him to join the Dark Lord. He said he didn’t want to, which Meda knew even before he told her just then. She nodded in agreement with missing Sirius.

By the time he finished speaking her hand was unclasped from her mouth and tears continued falling silently down her face. “I had no idea,” she spoke in a low voice referring to his scars. “How come we let them do this to us? Hurt us like this?” More tears found their way down her face. So many times her family had caused tears like this to fall. Whenever she did or said something wrong they would yell and scream and even occasionally hurt her with a spell for punishment, always resulting in more tears. “Do you think any of them ever cared?” She looked at him with blurry eyes. “My sisters turned their backs so quickly and easily. I felt like nothing to them, just another pathetic person of tainted blood in their eyes,” She spoke, feeling like her eyes would burst with tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)   Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secrets Shrouded in Black (Private: Andromeda and Regulus)
Page 1 of 1