Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ancient Books

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the5potters

the5potters

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:34 pm

Date: November fourth

Emmeline strolled into the library fairly cheerfully. It was a pretty good day. Meaning, she was alive and well, had actually gotten to class on time, and managed to get some lunch before her afternoon classes. Emma often could not find time to eat lunch anymore, with all the homework that had been dumped on to them lately. It was a miracle, really, that anyone ever got any fun in. Emma tried to clear her mind as she looked through one shelf of books. She really needed to stay focused as she studied, it would help to improve her grades immensly. She was starting to fall behind in defense against the dark arts and transfiguration, two signs that she needed to buckle down a lot better. Zoning off in class and such was not helping to keep everything in tact, now was it? No, certaintly not. She flipped her curly, almost frizzy, blond hair over her shoulder and reached for a few books on the top shelf. She stand on her toes to reach, but she did manage to get them.

The books were extremly old. They weere so old that if someone would've been making fun of them at that minute, Emmeline would've told the said person to back off beacuse the book was old enough to be there grandfather's dad. Emma peaked at the authors. No names that she remembered right off the top of her head. ugh, that would make understanding the meaning behind the words themselves harder. Emmie was usually fairly good at doing things like that, but it helped to be familar with the person's writing style. If you could catch their style, you could catch where their passions laid, and therefore, you could catch what they meant with ever single paragraph, senstence, word even. Emmeline traced her finger tips down the spine of one, trying to make out the title. It was extremly hard, she was not excatly skilled in things like that. Sure, she could somewhat understand the faded gold lettering on the green cover, but not all of it. She sighed in frustration, cursing under her breath. Was that an omen on how the studying and essays were going to be on this particular subject? Emma sure hoped not. Otherwise, if it was an omen, she might as well go live as muggle right then an there.

Emma finally had about four books. She could actually only read one of the four book titles, but that was okay. She had checked inside of the books, to make sure she could read the actual book, and they were fine. Obviously, the librarian had done somework with the outsides. They happened to be in perfect condition, as if they were bought yesterday, despite their dead looking covers. Emmie sat herself down at a table, trying to make herself read. She loved to learn, even though sometimes it was an annoying task to be told to read and learn. It shouldn't have been as it was to try and concentrate on those books, but for some odd reason, Emmie just wasn't enjoying it as much as she usually did. Maybe it had something to do with actually eating lunch that day, she'd have to start a habit of eating lunch everyday maybe, so it wasn't so foreign when she did. but then again, getting to lunch wasn't exactly her fault. "maybe," she thought with a mental chuckle, "the teachers should lighten up on the homework load'
Back to top Go down
Fly Fearless

Fly Fearless

Number of posts : 32

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Madeline walked in to the library with a bit of a smug look on her face. "Stupid Slughorn...doesn't know what he's doing as well as I do." She would say to herself. Maddie yet again landed a detention for her mouth, if she would keep it closed once in a while, she might not land in one of these situations. Smarting off to a teacher has detention written all over it. Sighing she would walk towards the books, looking for the Potions book she needed, so she could start her essay that Slughorn so proudly assigned. "What a oaf." She said to herself.

Seeing that she wasn't the only one in the Library, Maddie walked up to one called Emmeline Vance. She had spoken once to her, buit not for long because when that was she had also landed a detention. Smiling she walked up to her. "Hey Emmy. Can I call you Emmy?" She asked. "What have you got there?" Seeing a huge book, with faded gold letters. Maddie saw right off the bat the book she needed and grabbed it. She ran to keep up with the curly headed blonde. "Emmy!" She called. Sitting down..she waited for Emmeline to speak to her.

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:18 pm

Willow Knightley strolled down the fourth floor corridor, her red and gold school bag draped over her shoulder. She was heading towards the library to get a few books to help her along with her Care of Magical Creatures assignment she had to do on Billywigs. Nasty creatures they were and she really didn't know a thing about them. After failing to answer four questions correctly about them, Professor Linkstrom sent her to check out a few books.

She entered the library and ran a hand through her long dark hair. She didn't go here often, only when she had to, she found it a bit boring. She would much rather be on the quidditch pitch or in the common room or somewhere out on the grounds. To spend the day in the library, when she didn't have any classes, to her, was a complete waste of time. She sighed and then went to the section of the library that had the books on magical creatures. She found the books that she needed and then went to find a table to sit at. A smile was brought to her face as she saw her best friend Madeline Abbott and another girl named Emmeline Vance. She had only started talking to Emmeline this year. She seemed quite nice.

"Hi Maddie, Emmeline," she said to the two as she removed her heavy school bag from her shoulder and set it on the floor. She then took the stack of Billywig books that she had been carrying and set them on the table. She wore a discusted look as she sat down in one of the chairs. "This is such a waste of time, honestly, who wants to read about these foul beasts? And when we are not in class?" She threw the book on the top of the pile open and began to read.
Back to top Go down
the5potters

the5potters

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Emmeline looked up at the two. with embarrassment, she realized that she had accidently been ignoring Madeline. "Hello," she offered to both of the girls who were then there, trying to hide her blush. It was very annoying, the fact that she had not heard Maddie earlier. Emmie suddenly realized the question that Madeline had been asking. "Yes, you can call me Emmy. Sorry i was zoning out earlier, didn't notice you, Madeline," she apologized as well. Emmeline pushed some of her hair out of her eyes, stupid stuff, always getting in the way.

"This is such a waste of time, honestly, who wants to read about these foul beasts? And when we are not in class?"
She heard willow say that. Emmeline faught a sigh before saying, "Normally i don't mind reading about random crap, but today it's just not interesting in the least." She then let out a sigh, glad to have that fact in the air. It didn't actually sound so bad now that she said it aloud, it just sounded like a typical seventeen year old. This made her slightly happier.
Back to top Go down
Fly Fearless

Fly Fearless

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:52 pm

"Oh Emmy, it's alright, You seem tired...are you?" Maddie asked, She paused. The only time she zones out is when she's tired. Maddie studied her. "So what was that book? It looks really old...?" Maddie would ask.

"Willow...its homework. We have to do it...or we lose house points. Yes, I know you'd rather be on the quidditch pitch, but you have to do your homework!" She laughed. "Well guess what? I got detention!" She put her most enthusicatic smile on. "For arguing with Slughorn again! I swear I don't think he knows what he's talking about." She laughed. "Why do we have to take potions anyway? I know they are useful but man they are hard!" she pouted.
Back to top Go down
the5potters

the5potters

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Emmeline laughed. "I actually can't read the lettering on it, so i have no absolute idea what it's called. Seems like the only revamping work was done to the inside. Shame actually, seeing as most people actually do judge the book by the cover," she chuckled slightly. She recalled that Maddie had asked her if she was tired. The answer, was of course, yes. Most nights lately, you could find Emmie either in the common room, or in the dorm, reading or working on homework. She sighed slightly before answering, "Yes actually. I'm extremly tired. So much work to be done lately, not enough time in the day! or in the night, for that matter."

She smiled and scribbled down her name on her parchment before adding her title and a first line. It would be so easy to just push the work away. So easy to just sit there and talk with her friends, not working and putting it off. Emmeline pushed those thoughts out of her mind, writing something else down. That was not an option. She could talk and work at the same time, but not working? Haha. No.
Back to top Go down
BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Bee entered the Library, expecting it to be stranded and quiet, but was suprised to find some familiar faces. The four books in which she held in her hands became extreamly heavy, straining her arms. She absolutly despised homework... the world would be so much better if homework could be expelled from the Earth. 'Maybe a letter to the Ministry of Magic would do the trick, or when I work for the Ministry i can change these pointless, stressful assignments.' she thought.

She smiled and nodded to Maddie, Emmeline, and Willow. She tossed her books on the table next to the table she intended to sit at. She laughed at Maddie when the memory of her telling of Professor Slughorn.... "Ahhh, I enjoyed your crude remarks in Potions today.... I say, that man can really get on my nerves somtimes.... and I consider myself to be a well-tempered person, but when he comes to my table and crosses his arms, tapping his foot and scowls at me I swear i want to hex him."

She opened up her Transfigurations book and got out a piece of parchment and began writting her report on Animagous's. This subject striked her as very interesting... she loved the whole idea of turning into an animal.... she pondered on what animal she might be if she could obtain a liscence.
Back to top Go down
Fly Fearless

Fly Fearless

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:10 pm

"Hmmm." Maddie looked at the book, then touched it. "You think Madam Pince knows?" She asked Emmeline, "We could go ask her." Acknowlegding the Librarian. When Emmeline said that she was tired, Maddie would touch her shoulder. "Emmy! You should take a break every once in a while. I mean I know it is a lot of homework, but you can't live on 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep!"

Maddie looked up from her blank parchment to see who has just walked into the library. Bertha Jorkins, A fellow Gryffindor. She walked over to the table next to theirs and slammed her books down. "Hey Bee!" She laughed at remembering her rude remarks. "Well, he deserved them! Big, stupid...ugly git he is!" Maddie looked at her blank parchment again. "Now I have to write about a ba-jillion word essay on the uses of Potions and how they work. Actually I think it's quite pointless...everyone knows the uses of potions and how they work!" Maddie wrote her name on her parchment and opened her Potions book.
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Willow smiled at Emmeline as she greeted them and giggled a bit as she talked about the reading random crap comment. Willow knew exactly what she was sating. "Nice to see you again Emmeline." She said with a smile on her face. She then looked to Maddie. "I know I have to do the work, I just really don't want to. And yes, the quidditch pitch would be much better than this, even in a bloody blizzard!" She let out a laugh and then momentarily looked back to the book she was reading, sighing at the true boringness of it.

Willow looked up from her book once more when she saw Bertha Jenkins walk over near where they were sitting and once more had a smile on her face. She was good friends with Bertha, or Bee as her close friends called her. "Hi Bee, how are you?" She asked, a pleasant tone to her voice, elevating it slightly so she could hear her at the next table but not loud enough where she could get into trouble.

"Detention?" Willow asked Maddie. "Again? Well, I can't blame you for mouthing off to him. He tends to get a bit odd thinking he knows it all. You know, I am not too bad at potions. I could try and help you though I am only a sixth year, what are you learning about right now?"

She nodded when Emmeline explained about the book, it did look ancient. "It sounds interesting enough, mind if I have a look?" she asked, an intrigued brow on her face.
Back to top Go down
the5potters

the5potters

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:48 pm

Emmeline smiled at Bertha. "Hi bee! How are you?" She laughed at Maddie's comments on her sleeping habits. Two or three hours was enough most the time, more than enough really. But sometimes, she got tired. Extremly tired, so she had to try very hard not to be grouchy. And sometimes, it didn't work at all. "You two like Quidditch, i take it?" she asked Willow and Maddie lightly. She didn't know all too much about the girls, really.

To Willow's comment about the book, Emma nodded and slid it over to her. She herself scribbled something else down before going back to look at the book. It looked even more ancient now, as she used it as a recourse for her homework. The lettering looked, if even possible, more faded and washed than it had when she had grabbed it back over in the section. She tilted her head as she looked at it. It was amazing that no one bothered to fix up the outside, but only the inside.
Back to top Go down
BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 2:11 pm

"I'm doing quite well," Bee answered her freinds greetings. She moved closer to them, leaving her Transfiguration work on the table and saw that Emmeline was starring at an old book. She stood beside her, examining it also.... "This is unique...." she stated rubbing the books cover.... "I wonder how old it is.... and whats it about?"

The book looked like it was at least a hundred years old... or older. She opened the cover and gazed at the inside.... It looked almost like it was brand new.... Her forehead crinkled in consintration.... She plopped down in the free seat next to Maddie and sat with her arms crossed, still pondering on the book... "I agree, lets show it to Professor 'I'm sleeping on the job' over there. She pointed to the librarian whose head was tilted on her shoulder and eyes were closed behind her ginormous glasses.
Back to top Go down
Algie

Algie

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 pm

As Alexis ran into the Library, she tripped over...something. An angry sigh left her pink lips. She walked over to a table. She felt kind of bad, because she woke up the librarian. She said something along the lines of, "Miss Locke! Watch where you're going!"...but Alexis just kind of ignored her. She smiled at the other girls that were in the Library. She gave them a little wave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ancient Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Books   Ancient Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey to the past :: Fourth Floor :: Library-
Jump to: