Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-04-15

An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Empty
PostSubject: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Place: In the empty corridor on the 2nd floor
Characters: Bellatrix and Narcissa Black, Dorcas Meadowes and a bit later, Lucius Malfoy and Severus Snape
Summary: Narcissa, Bella and Dorcas get to know each other a bit
PRIVATE

Dorcas Meadowes entered the empty corridor on the second floor. She had climbed the stairs to the second floor after History of Magic, her last class of the day. She always took this route, she would walk the empty corridor and then take the stairs at the end, climbing up the five more flights to the Ravenclaw common room. She seldom met anyone here when she made her way through the long hallway.

Once she was half-way through the corridor, she stopped walking when the strap of her black leather bag broke, scattering her books, rolls of parchment, eagle quill and a few other personal belongings fell onto the floor. "Dammit!" She said outloud and bent over and started putting the things back into her bag. It had been such an odd couple of days. She was feeling so many different emotions that she couldn't really explain, she had no clue what was going on with Sirius or if anything would ever come of it. Then there was Severus. She had talked to him quite a bit, seen a whole different side to him that she never knew existed and as much as she would like to just shrug off the fact he was just another friendly student, she couldn't.

After she finished picking everything up she heaved a heavy sigh and sat down on the floor, leaning her back against the wall. She put both of her hands against her head and leaned her head back against the wall as well. She needed to think, needed to know what was happening, wanted to know what to do. She was sure that if anyone saw her like that, they would think she was a bit mad, sitting in the middle of an empty corridor alone, but she really didn't care. Perhaps someone would come along, someone that she could talk to all of this about that wouldn't pass judjement on her for her possibly liking, or at least getting close to someone who was a lot different than the ones she normally hung around with. He was a Slytherin and he had a bit of a reputation for not being one of the friendliest guys in the school, but Sirius also had a reputation for a few things, always having a different girlfriend, pulling pranks, but no one seemed to have a problem with him, now did they? The whole situation just frustrated her to no end.
Back to top Go down
Toujours Pur

Toujours Pur

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 5:16 pm

Bellatrix Black strode down the hallway, determined to get to her destination without interruption. She was on her way down to the Slytherin common room from Transfiguration on the sixth floor, and had a clear picture in her mind of herself relaxing on a very comfortable dark green sofa.

She was about to turn a corner when she heard a voice she didn't recognize say (with no evidence of trying to keep quiet) "Dammit!" Bellatrix gave a small laugh when she heard this, not many chose to swear outloud in the corridors; you never where a teacher could be lurking. She was once again about to turn the corner when she noticed a small rolled up piece of parchment rolling towards her. Picking it up, and unrolling it she kept herself from laughing long enough to finally walk around the corner reading "Lost in Thought; a Poem by Dorcas Meadowes."

When she looked up from the paper, she saw a blonde girl sitting in an odd position on the ground against the wall. "Lose something?" She smirked, holding up the paper yet having no intentions of giving it back just like that.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

Number of posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Narcissa Black walked close behind Bellatrix, they had both just left Transfiguration class and were looking forward to seeing the comfort of their sub-level common room. She wore her ususal smirk as she walked and the two of them had just entered the second floor corridor. Narcissa heard someone's voice ring out into the corridor and her smirk widened a bit. "Did you hear that Bella?" She asked, a bit of amusement to her tone.

She then saw Bella pick something up from the ground and Narcissa leaned her head on Bella's shoulder, standing beside her to get a look at what the paper said. After a few seconds however, Bella began walking once more and that's when Narcissa spotted the girl sitting on the floor with her head leaned up against the wall. She knew who it was, Dorcas Meadowes.

A sly smirk was now placed on her lips, this couldn't be any more perfect. She knew that this was the girl that Severus had been attempting to get closer to, Lucius had told her the sitaution and thought there were other girls that Narcissa felt were more suitable for Severus, he was determined that she was the one that he wanted to get closer to, get to know better. She was a pureblood, at least she had this going for her and as far as Narcissa knew she wasn't one of the witches, like Evans for instance that constantly commented on the good side of magic, being all pure and noble.

She wanted to get to know her better, talk to her, feel her out a bit. She took a hold of Bella's arm and pulled her back a bit. She knew that this would irritate her sister and had it been anyone else, she would get hit with a curse, but she needed to talk to her. "Bella," she whispered. "That's Dorcas, the one that Severus has been going on about. I say we show her our better side, don't judge her on who she is, or her family, let's see if we can get to know her a bit better. Feel her out, who knows, maybe she's more like us than we think, and if not, we can show her what true excitement our life has to offer."
Back to top Go down
http://marauders.heavenforum.com
Toujours Pur

Toujours Pur

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Bella was just about to continue reading the poem when she felt a firm tug on her arm. "Hey!" She said, turning to face her sister. "Ahh, so this is the girl?" She said, a definite smirk on her face, turning her head around to get a better look at her before continuing her small whispered conversation with Cissy.

"You know me, Cissy, this'll prove difficult but... I guess I could give it a shot." Bellatrix was definitely not as fond of Severus as the rest in their inner circle, and honestly she didn't very much care who he chose to take a liking to. But this little scene here could definitely prove entertaining...

Before turning to face the girl once more, whispered to her sister "Strange name, don't you think?" She then turned back to face this Dorcas and bent down and placed the piece of parchment on the ground next to her. "You missed this." It took all her might not add in a sneer, and instead actually smile.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 pm

"Yes, this is the girl." Narcissa said with a nod. She gave Bellatrix a bit of a curious look, her eyebrows arched slightly as she listened to her. She knew it was going to be hard for Bella to be civil to someone not in their inner circle, but they needed to do this, or at least try to. Maybe Narcissa had gone a bit soft agreeing to do this in the first place. Lucius had asked her to approach her and get friendly with her if the occassion ever arose, and that was just last night in the common room, it was almost fate in a way, seeing her here and, she was alone. It couldn't be any more perfect and Narcissa tended to do what Lucius asked of her, especially lately.

"We don't have to welcome her into the group with open arms Bella, we should just befriend her, talk to her a bit, show her we are not as bad as everyone thinks we are, though you know we are." She gave her sister a wink and then continued. "I have a plan, a big plan for all of this actually, you know how my mind works, I can be quite clever in my own sadistic way." She let out a low and dangerous laugh, her eyes lighting up with a hint of evilness.

Narcissa had to laugh once more, though it was more like a small giggle when Bella made a comment about Dorcas' name. "I know, I thought that too, always have. I can't see calling her Dorcas, we will have to come up with a nickname for her. Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Toujours Pur

Toujours Pur

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:07 am

"I wasn't going to welcome her 'with open arms'." Bella mocked in a whisper, turning her back on the girl- Dorcas and facing her sister. "Did you really expect me too? I'm planning on scraping the bare minimum of friendliness here, Cissy." She said. She really didn't know how she was going to do this; it would certainly prove a great challenge. But then again, like she thought earlier, it could definitely prove entertaining. The look on the faces seeing the 3 of them... after the incident at the ball, some might think they found a new Meda.

"I know, I thought that too, always have. I can't see calling her Dorcas, we will have to come up with a nickname for her. Any ideas?" Bellatrix smirked in her own humorous way and said simply "Dorky" before turning once more to heap on the floor supposed to be a girl. "Uhm... hello?" She said, trying to get the girl's attention.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 1:05 am

Dorcas looked up when she saw the dark haired girl approach. She knew who it was, Bellatrix Black, someone well known in the school for her darker characteristics, but Dora had never really talked to her before. She cringed a bit, not because of who had entered the corridor, but because of how stupid she must look sitting there on the floor with her head up against the wall. She saw Bellatrix holding the paper that she must have missed when picking up the things that had fallen out of her bag and she hoped that she didn't have any intentions on reading it, it would be quite embarrassing actually. She had written out a poem after the Masquerade ball trying to put in writing the unexplained feelings that she was experiencing and Severus' name was on that paper. She figured if she didn't act like it was a big deal, possibly she would get it back unread.

Her attention was then brought back to the middle of the corridor when she heard more footsteps coming, Narcissa Black now came into view. In all of her years here she had known of these two girls, heard things about them but hardly spoke to them. She let out a small sigh. These were, she knew, friends of Severus', and if things were going to get closer with her and him, she better get to know his friends better. She wasn't sure what happened that night, or even what was happening now, all she knew was that she had so many questions, so many curiosities and so many feelings that she had never experienced before. Four days ago she was so sure of what she wanted. After all, she had had the same focus on one particular Gryffindor since year one at Hogwarts. Now, things were quite different, not in a bad way, not at all, they were just different than what she ever thought they would be. There was Sirius, finally noticing her. It had taken him seven years to do so but he did it finally. Then there was Severus. Had she not had Marly sneak her into the Prefect's bathroom that night then things would be much different, not that she wanted them to be, but she most likely wouldn't have talked to Severus, gotten to know him better, experience a side to him that she never knew existed.

She watched as Narcissa and Bellatrix spoke to each other and she decided now was a good time to get out of the ridiculous positions she was in and get up off of the floor. She stood up and brushed the back of her robes off with her hand. Not really sure what to do she walked over to where Narcissa and Bellatrix were standing. "Bellatrix and Narcissa right?" she asked. She of coarse knew who they were but had no clue how to start a conversation with them. "I'm Dora Meadowes, I guess you could call me a friend of Severus's." She smiled a bit at them but as she did so she was thinking that she most likely sounded like an idiot. This was all so knew to her.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 1:54 am

"I know you are not going to welcome her with open arms Bella, I don't expect that. Look, let's just talk to her. She might not be one of us, but she is pure at least and her and Severus are getting a bit close, let's just see what she's like." She locked eyes with her sister and then looked towards Dorcas when she saw her stand up. She had no clue what this girl was like, she never associated out of her inner circle and she knew that this girl was nothing like them. This was going to be interesting to say the least.

As the girl approached them, Narcissa's regular smirk formed on her lips, more out of habit than anything else. This girl was, in her eyes, below her, then again, she viewed most this way. Bellatrix, Lucius, Sadira, Melanie, Regulus and the Lestrange brothers were the only ones at this school that she considered her equals.

"Narcissa Black," she said in a dry tone. "Oh yes, a friend of Severus' you are. He has spoken of you." She changed her smirk into more of a sly smile at this point, she herself had not heard Severus utter a word about Dorcas, but she knew that he had talked to Lucius about her. Severus talked to her personally, but never would about a matter such as this. She assumed he wouldn't bring it up with her given her known prejudices. Perhaps he might if he knew that herself and Bella had gotten to know Dorcas a bit better. "I heard that you had a rather interesting evening, both during and after the Masquerade." She looked at her with a bit of a raised brow. She was quite curious about what had happened. Not that she cared really, but she was a bit shocked in the first place that someone like Severus would spend time alone with Dorcas, and that someone like Dorcas had spent time alone with Severus. Usually, as far as she knew, this was a rare occurrence. You had mudbloods and purebloods getting together and the same with halfbloods, but seldom did two people , so different, with completely different outlooks find an affection for one another. Narcissa looked at it this way. She knew where Severus stood, where his loyalties lay, hell, half the school knew, but with Dorcas, she had to find something about his darker characteristics intriguing. There was no way he could have hidden them, he had a dark demeanor about him, it was quite obvious. Could this possibly mean that Dorcas somehow was seduced by darkness? A rare thing indeed but she definitely understood the feeling, and a wonderful thing it was. The mystery, the intrigue, it was like an aphrodisiac, a satisfying drug, something that once tasted was very hard to turn away from, very hard to resist.
Back to top Go down
Toujours Pur

Toujours Pur

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:25 am

Bellatrix took a quick silent breath, and tried desperately to push the thought that she was here being friendly with a blood traitor to the far corner of her brain and actually be civil with someone outside their circle. She rested her elbow up on Cissy's shoulder as she spoke "Oh yes, Severus told us all about you." Lie. She attempted to smile, but noted it probably ended up looking more like a wince. What was she supposed to add to that? Oh yeah... he told us you had... blonde hair... and blue eyes...

"Yes, we heard about your little get-together." Bella tried so very, very hard not to make this sound nosy and bitchy, but she honestly wasn't all that sure how it ended up sounding to anyone other than herself. "We're not as bad as people say, you know." The words spilled from her mouth. It was as if she had only vague ideas of being nice and just couldn't fit them all together nicely. She could mock innocence, she could watch innocence, but she could not be innocent. She felt like slapping her self hard on the forehead for her own stupidity, and wasn't quite sure what type of expression her face wore at the moment. But she was pretty sure she looked down right mental.

She turned her head to Cissy and shot her a look as if saying 'I told you I couldn't do it!'
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 pm

Dora blushed a bit when Narcissa mentioned Severus had spoken of her. "Has he? He's quite nice, a bit shy though, but I like him." She gave Narcissa a bit of a smile. This was quite a different circumstance to be finding herself in. She had never really talked to the Black sisters, and here they were talking to her, like she was a friend. She assumed it had to do with the fact that they were close with Severus. She liked him, quite a bit actually though these thoughts were still a bit of a mystery to her. She herself couldn't explain the feelings she felt for him.

"We had quite a good time at the dance. He knew who I was the whole time. He had seen my dress on my in the Prefect's bathroom." She paused for a few moments, what she had just said could be taken quite a few ways. She laughed slightly and then continued talking, looking back and forth from Bellatrix and Narcissa. "The talk in the garden was interesting." She would leave it at that. Not too much had happened there but a few things were said anyway to let her know she wasn't the only one feeling something every time she looked into Severus' eyes.

She thought this was a bit odd. She had heard things about the Black sisters, witnessed them on a few rare occasions being unpleasant to people they thought below them, but talking to him here, she felt quite comfortable, though she wasn't sure why. One thing was certain, her parents would not be too happy with her, she didn't care though. That was another thing that was going to have to inevitably happen. If her and Severus continued to grow closer, which it looked like just that was going to happen, she was going to have to let her parents know, send them a letter through owl post. She hoped that they would overlook the fact that he was a Slytherin. They could be quite prejudicial of members of that house.

She nodded to Bellatrix when she made mention to the fact that they were not as bad as people thought they were. She was certainly finding this out. She never thought that Severus was as friendly as he was and she was glad that she had gotten a chance to talk to him. “I can see that, though I never judge anyone personally until I get to know them. I know some people think that I am a certain way, but not too many people know me well. I guess we can’t really know a person until we take the time to get to know them.”
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:05 pm

Narcissa tried hard not to laugh when she heard Bella back up the things that Severus told them about him and Dorcas. It was a bit brilliant actually. Letting her think he was sharing his thoughts with them and then thinking that they, as in her and Bella accepted them. It was obvious that Severus liked the girl, this was proven by his actions. What her and Bella needed to do was feel this girl out. See where her loyalties were, see if she liked Severus and then see if she could possibly be seduced over to their side. If she couldn't then it was never going to go anywhere with her and Severus. He was very much a master in the dark arts and his place would be a faithful servant of the Dark Lord.

"Bella, you are doing fine," she whispered back to her sister, a sly smirk on her lips. "Let's just talk to her a bit, get to know her."

Narcissa nodded as Dorcas explained about her and Severus' little encounter. it was as boring as hell, what they did but the simple fact that it happened to the two people that it happened to, made it interesting. "I am sure that it was quite interesting, Dorcas," Cissy spoke, trying her best to muster up a smile on her lips. "Tell me something, didn't you go to the masquerade originally with our cousin? Sirius?" She tried her hardest to say the name of the bloodtraitor in a normal tone but there was an obvious hint of venom in her voice when she spoke his name. "Tell me, how did you end up going from our cousins date, to spending the evening talking to Severus?" She looked at her with an intrigued expression. This she had to hear. Anything that happened to Sirius in anything less than a pleasant way, was music to her ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)   An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unexpected friendship (PRIVATE)
Page 1 of 1