Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shining eyes and whispered words

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Shining eyes and whispered words Empty
PostSubject: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Date: October 1975

Private

After coming back from the Hogsmeade trip, Marlene had gone directly to the Ravenclaw common room, up to the dormitory and into bed. She was dreaming and she didn't want to wake up. She couldn't stop smiling and her heart was pounding against her ribcage whenever she thought of the events of the day. She felt amazing and so great... and in love. She knew she loved him now, how couldn't she? He was just so sweet and nice and whenever she was with him she felt safe, so safe. She couldn't even describe it, it was too strong for words. After a few minutes of thinking, she had fallen asleep, not noticing everyone coming in the dormitory after that.

However, she woke up in the middle of the night and found herself unable to go back to sleep. She looked over at Dora and gave a small smile when she saw her friend was sleeping. This time, maybe she'd be able to leave the room without waking her up - she knew she must have been pretty tired. Slowly, she got out of bed and tiptoed her way outside the room, walking downstairs to the common room and sitting on the window seat, gazing out at the stars in the sky, a smile upon her lips as her fingers reached for her necklace, playing with the small butterfly that was hanging from it. She remembered her first night at Hogwarts, she had spent it here as well, looking outside, feeling sad and nostalgic. But now it was nothing like that. She was feeling happy, and her future almost looked bright. Not completely, as she knew her father would still be in the way whenever she'd want to be completely happy. But it still looked brighter than it ever had before.
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Dora climbed the long staircase leading up to the Ravenclaw common room. She was looking for Marlene. She had lost sight of her at Hogsmeade quite earlier in the trip and she wanted to see how her day went. As she entered the crowded common room she looked for her, not seeing her she decided to go up to the girl's dormitory and get some sleep, it had been quite a long day and she was nothing short of exhausted.

As she entered the room, she noticed Marley sleeping all already. Dora wanted to wake her up and ask her about her trip into the magical town but she looked so peaceful laying there she figured that it could wait until morning. She lay on her bed and before long she fell asleep.

Her slumber was quickly broken as she had a dream about her and Sirius. It wasn't a good dream, in fact it was horrible. She had dreamt that the two of them were in the garden, like they had been together the day before but this time something happened. Sirius was taken away by some men in hooded robes, what appeared to be Death Eaters. Why she would dream this, she wasn't sure. The two of them had had such a good time in Hogsmeade and were definitely getting closer.

She rolled over on her back, her eyes still closed and she lay there motionless. She heard Marley stirring and then heard her get out of bed. Dora figured she would let her get downstairs before she followed.

A few minutes later Dora headed down the stairs and entered the common room, heading over to where Marley was sitting in the window seat. She sat down next to her looking up at her friend, a warm smile on her face.

"This seems to be a common trend lately. I was looking for you in Hogsmeade, where did you head off too?" She asked, arching her brow in curiosity.
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 2:46 pm

Marlene smiled upon hearing Dora's voice. Obviously, she'd had woken her up, but she was almost glad she had. She wasn't sure how much longer she would be able to keep all her happiness to herself. She looked over at her friend, her eyes almost as full of stars as the sky outside.

"It does seem to be a common trend," Marlene said, her cheeks slightly warm at the rememberance of Remus' lips on hers. "But tonight is so different... just look at the sky Dora, how beautiful it is. It seems as though nothing bad could happen on a night like this."

She was almost surprised at herself for talking in such a way - she had never quite been the romantic girl, at least not outwardly, and she rarely spoke of such thoughts, even with Dora. Of course, her friend had heard more things from her than anybody else ever had. But she knew this way of talking was probably rather new, even for her oldest and dearest friend. At the mention of Hogsmeade, Marlene's heart gave a queer flip in her chest and her cheeks flushed, her smile widening slightly.

"I spent the day near the Shrieking Shack," she said softly, smiling lightly. "What about you? How was your day with Sirius?" she asked curiously as she remembered her friend has also had a date that day.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 pm

Dora couldn't help noticing the look on Marley's face. She was positively glowing. She listened to her carefully. "yes, the stars are quite lovely." She said, trying to hold back a giggle. She knew this look all too well, Marley was in love, there was no question.

"The Shrieking Shack? With Remus?" She looked at her, she was quite sure that there was going to be a story to hear from her best friend. "Me and Sirius spent most of the day at the Three Broomsticks, it was great. Sirius was huis regular self, James, Lily and Peter were with us. The absense of Remus told me that he was with you."

She changed her position a bit in the seat and turned to face her friend a bit more. "I will tell you about me and Sirius in a bit, first, I want to hear about your day. You are positivly radiating, this only means one thing, you had a wonderful time."
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:33 pm

"Dora, I don't think wonderful is strong enough to describe how my day was," Marlene said, leaning her head on the cold window with a light sigh. "To say the truth, I've never felt so happy in my entire life."

She bit her bottom lip lightly to keep herself from grinning stupidly as she turned to look at Dora, her eyes sparkling as a warm feeling spread through her entire body. It was so strange and yet it felt so good. She wanted to feel like this all her life, she never wanted this feeling to go away. She knew her friend must be more curious than ever right now - when had she even been that way? She couldn't recall a single day in this school when she had felt so great. But she didn't know how to explain or what to say. The words were mixed up in her mind, all thrown together in an order that made no sense whatsoever. She knew that they would come out of her mouth in the same fashion, possibly making Dora feel a bit confused, but her head and heart was too full to care at the moment.

"I don't even know what to say Dora, I am still speechless, I've never felt this way before," she breathed out, pressing her hand to her heart without even noticing it. "But I think I am dating Remus... he likes me, he really does. I feel so... I can't think of a word to express myself. And he kissed me."
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 pm

"Never so happy before? Now this I have to hear." She completely faced Marley now, giving her her full attention.

"You think you are dating? What does that mean?" She asked and then continued to listen to her. "Of coarse he like you, who wouldnt? Marley, you are a great girl and Remus is a great guy, not to mention hot!" She let out a girlish giggle. She was quite excited for her friend.

"HE KISSED YOU!?" She shouted a little louder than she intended to and clamped a hand over her mouth. She scanned the common room to make sure no one else heard her. "If he kissed you, I am pretty sure that you are dating Marley. You have to tell me more! How was it?"

She relaxed in her chair. She hadn't kissed Sirius yet, she wanted to but couldn't get him alone long enough. If Marley was now dating Remus and her and Sirius almost together, this would be quite a good last year at Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Marlene couldn't help but laugh softly at her friend's excited tone. She knew she'd react in a way that was along those lines - Dora was always so sweet and happy whenever something good happened to her, and always there for her when it was something bad instead. Right now, she felt as though she was dreaming, plain and simple. She needed no sleep for it, her dream was taking place while she was awake, and it felt so good.

Her eyes widened slightly when Dora shouted as a reaction to the mention of the kiss. She clamped her hand over Dora's hand which was already on her mouth, looking around the common room, breathing a sigh of relief when she saw nobody was there and that her friend's exclamation hadn't woken anybody. She turned back to Dora and took her hand off hers, taking a deep breath. This reaction was definitely more than she'd expected, but then again it didn't surprise her all that much. Her friend was much more expressive than she was. She smiled, laughing a little when Dora asked for more details as she brought her knees up to her chest, resting her chin upon them and wrapping her arms around her legs.

"It was... amazing," she whispered as though it was not something she could say loudly. "So soft... and sweet... I felt as though I was about to fly, Dora," she said dreamily.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Dora heard Marley's words and she smiled at her. "Like flying huh? I bet it was." She stood up and looked out the window at the twinkling stars in the sky and then looked back to her friend again. "I wish Sirius would kiss me like that. I wonder if it will ever happen though."

She sighed a bit and then sat back down, this time in a chair facing the window seat. "You need to ask him if the two of you are dating, I mean, I imagine you are by what happened, but you never know now a days. I've never seen him with another girl before, do you soppose this was his first kiss?" She really hadn't known Remus to be the ladies man that James and Sirius were, he was more concerned with his studies, much like Lily Evans was, but even her and James had been getting closer these days.

"It seems like love is blooming all over the place, doesn't it? I wonder if I should just grab Sirius and kiss him? Merlin knows once I get him under my grasp, he would never want another." She giggled in her girlish way again. Sirius had his pick of almost every girl in the school. He had shown her interest lately but he was well known for moving from one girl to the next. Still, she knew eventually, she hoped anyway, he would want to settle down a bit, be with one girl. She just hoped that it would be her.

"I had a good time with Sirius, though I never got a chance to really be alone with him. Still, I think that things are definitely getting closer between us. He's a lot of fun to be with."
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Marlene smiled softly at her friend, taking her hand in hers and giving it a gentle squeeze. "It will happen, I am sure of it," she said. If she hadn't been certain of how her own relationship with Remus would turn out, she was absolutely convinced that Sirius and Dora's relationship would be something good.

She sighed softly as she leaned back on the window frame, looking at her friend with a smile, blushing lightly when she mentionned asking Remus if they were or not dating. "That would be a bit awkward, don't you think?" she said, biting her bottom lip lightly. "I do hope we are dating though... I just feel so good when I'm near him Dora, as though my life was almost perfect." Then she blushed even deeper when she asked if she thought it was his first kiss. "I believe it was... but I can't be sure. He's so handsome, I can't believe he'd never had a girlfriend before, or at least never kissed anybody. I can't believe he chose me," she sighed dreamily, looking up at the stars once more.

She then turned to face her friend once again with a light grin on her face. "It does seem that way... I never thought my 7th year would be so eventful," she said before giggling lightly at Dora's comment. "Maybe you should Dora, and who knows, maybe he wants to do just the same. And I think he does have feeling for you, probably deeper than he has for any other girls," she said, smiling softly at her friend.

She smiled as she listened to her talk, tilting her head slightly, allowing her hair to fall around her face. "I'm glad you had a good time with him. I'm sure you will have a chance to be alone with him soon, and you two will be a couple before Christmas I just know it," she said, grinning slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 pm

"I hope it happens, but I can't really hold my breath on it, this is Sirius we are talking about here, he could have anyone." She looked at her friend, it was nice to see her so happy for once. She would have to thank Remus later, but she would wait on that.

"He picked you because you are the best choice. Your'e smart, pretty and a lot of fun to be with, you're just she sometimes. I should try that. Merlin knows my un-shyness has gotten me into trouble more times than once." This was definitely true. Dora had a habit of saying whatever was on her mind, no matter where she was or who she was with.

"You really think he has feelings for me? It's kind of hard to tell with him by his actions, you know?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I think I am going to have another talk with him. I will send him another note, ask him to meet me somewhere." She would do just that, it worked before, it might just work again. She would ask him to meet her by the lake, in the evening when no one else was around and go from there.

"I don't know if we will be together by Christmas, but this will definitely be my new goal." She smiled up at Marley, her blue gaze scanning the features of her friends face. She wanted to be that happy, feel that first kiss feeling. "So now that we are wide awake in the middle of the night, yet again, what do you want to do?"
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 7:30 pm

"Have some trust, Dora," Marlene said with a soft smile. "This is our last year here, we can't afford to spoil it by not taking any chances. Especially since if it happens to you, it can last even after you leave school. I know Sirius has a reputation that preceeds him, but you should have more confidence in what you think. What does your heart tell you?" she asked softly, getting back to her feet and sitting on the armrest of her friend's chair.

She then blushed slightly at her friend's words, smiling lightly. "I don't know about that, but I'm glad he chose me either way. As for you being shy, is that even possible?" she asked in a teasing manner. "Don't change for a boy Dora, you are such a wonderful girl with a great personality. You should remain the same."

"I do believe he has feelings for you. He seems to have matured this year, don't you think? A little less big headed that he used to be, though still the same old Sirius. He appeared that way to me anyway," she said. "You should ask him to meet you somewhere," she added, nodding. "To talk and who knows, maybe something else," she giggled lightly, softly nudging her friend's shoulder with her elbow.

"And if you two are not together by Christmas, then I'll have to do something about it," she said with a small grin. She then laughed softly when she asked what they should do. "The most sensible thing to do would be to go back to bed, but I don't feel like sleeping. It's strange, but it seems that my dreams are some which I can only have when I am awake now," she said softly, gazing up to the stars.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:29 pm

"I do have trust, and where this is our last year, it's now or never really. We will all see each other out of school, but not as much as we do when we are here." She smiled at Marley, a look of determination in her eyes. "I have liked Sirius for so long, but he has only just started noticing me. You would think if he liked me he would have given some kind of a clue before." This was true. She wasn't complaining about the sudden attention from Sirius, who would, but she knew for a fact that she liked him way longer than he liked her.

"The day that I am shy will be when I am dead and gone." Dora joked. She had never been shy, even under circumstances when most would be. "You seem to be getting over your shyness though, it's great." She smiled warmly at Marley, her eyes looking into the ones of her best friend.

"If we are not together by Christmas, it's not a big deal, if it was meant to be it will happen." She watched Marlene as she looked back out of the window, she had truley had a remarkable day and Dorcas couldn't be more happy for her. She ran a hand through her hair, twirling the strands with her fingers a bit. "Did you hear about the Halloween Masquerade? It sounds so exciting. I bet Remus will ask you to go!"
Back to top Go down
MarieC
Admin
MarieC

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Marlene simply nodded at her friend's first comment, forcing a small smile upon her lips as her fingers absent mindedly traced the scar that lined her collarbone. She wanted to see her friends again, that was for sure - after spending seven years with Dora, their friendship had grown strong and she couldn't bare the thought of losing her as she meant so much to her. And now there was Remus too, who she didn't want to lose either... but she could still hear her father's words in her mind, ringing loudly and clearly, sending a shudder down her spine. She tossed the thought aside firmly with a light shook of her head. She wouldn't let her father spoil her happiness, especially not now. She looked up at her friend and smiled, tilting her head slightly. "The fact that he only just started taking noticing you isn't bad though Dora," she said softly. "Remus and I had never talked really before," she reminded her.

She then let out a short laugh when her friend mentionned the day she would be shy would be the day of her death. Of course, Dora was known to be a rather expressive girl, nowhere near like herself who could barely talk without blushing. But of course, shyness wasn't the best of attributes to have, and more than one day she had wished she could have been a little more like her best friend and a little less like herself. She and Dora didn't have all that many points in common and she knew for a fact that some people even wondered how they were friends, but it seemed that each girl somehow balanced the other's personality. "I don't know about that," she said slowly as Dora mentionned she seemed to be getting over her shyness. "But maybe someday I will."

She gave a small smile and moved from the armrest to sit on the chair that was facing the one on which her friend was sitting, curling her legs under her body and leaning against the side of the chair. "You will see, soon enough you will be happy Dora, you deserve it," she said with a light smile before smiling excitedly at the mention of the Masquerade, slightly blushing when her friend suggested Remus would probably ask her to go. "I don't know if he will, but I surely do hope so though," she said, biting her bottom lip lightly. "Either way, you will have to help me find a costume," she added, her smile widening a little.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Dorcas studied her friends features, scanning them with her ocean blue eyes. "OK, so I guess that him just now noticing me isn't so bad." She giggled. The important fact was that he did notice and Marley knew that. "Well, as long as he doesn't take forever saying anything then I will be happy with the way things are going. "He's so handsome, don't you think?" She asked, flopping down into a half laying position in the chair. She brought her hands up to her blonde hair and ran her fingers through it a bit.

"You keep hanging around with me long enough Marley and we will knock the shyness out of you like I knock the bludger with my beaters bat." She let out a loud laugh and once again had to clamp her hands quickly over her mouth. She was so wide awake now she forgot it was in the middle of the night and everyone else was sleeping.

She watched as Marley sat on the arm of the chair she was sitting in and smiled at her. She propped herself up on her elbows a bit so she could look at Marley. "Well, we will get our costumes together. Do you want to make them or purchase them? I can have mum send a catalog from Madam Malkins. She can have it here by morning if I send an owl tonight." She smiled at the thought of the ball, it was going to be a fun event to say the least.

"I am determined that the two of us will get asked by Sirius and Remus. How could they resist, after all, we are the two best looking girls in all of Hogwarts, are we not? In fact, we might just be the two best looking witches in all of the wizarding world." She let out another laugh and looked up at her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shining eyes and whispered words   Shining eyes and whispered words Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shining eyes and whispered words
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey to the past :: Old Threads :: Deep in the depths of the Black Lake-
Jump to: