Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No place feels like home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prongs

Prongs

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-11

No place feels like home Empty
PostSubject: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 am

Date: September, 1975
Status: Private-ish (Narcissa Black, James Potter) - Join in if your character has reason to be there.
Incomplete.

It was amazing how large the Potions dungeon actually was when all of the students were gone, James thought to himself as he set his satchel on the table, pulling out "Dissolution and Solution" with his potions kit. Well, not everyone was gone, like him there were a few seventh years putting in the extra hours after class to finish up their various projects. The faint sound of bubbling liquid and the occasional pop filled the room as he walked over to the supply cupboard marked "Seventh Years Only". He opened the door and a haze of smoke immediately escaped, along with odours of varying pleasantness as he glanced around for the cauldron that he and Narcissa had been using. Putting on his dragonhide gloves, he picked up the object in question and took a moment to regard it. The consistency was right, as was the colour (although he thought that it could possibly be a little paler), and he allowed himself a small smile.

Whatever else Narcissa Black might be, she wasn't half bad at the art of potion making.

He made his way back out into the main floor, the simulated windows casting rays of light into the room. It had been Slughorn's idea, actually, to put the windows in. They were modelled after the ones at the Ministry, the rotund professor had thought that due to the amount of extracurricular time spent by his NEWT classes in the dungeon, there might be some stress-related problems. This was his way of relaxing people. In autumn they showed a pleasant afternoon, in winter they snowed. He took a moment to sit and relax, having been on the go all day. Lily's notes earlier had helped immensely, allowing him at least some breaks throughout the day, but it didn't change the fact that they were barely a month into the course and some people were already struggling to cope. The NEWTs, he figured, weren't just an academic test, but a character and personality exam too. They tested how well you reacted under pressure, how you could keep to deadlines and relax in limited time.

He felt like a rat in a cage sometimes, but it wasn't all bad. A few of his mother's trainees had told him once that they tended to ease up a little once you settled back into the rhythm of work anyway, he just hoped that it happened soon. His attention turned back to the concoction brewing gently on the table. They'd let it stand for just about long enough, and Narcissa would be arriving soon to engage in the next stage of perparations for it. Opening his book to the recipe, he stirred the mixture idly as he waited for the Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

Number of posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:35 am

Narcissa Black made her way down the long sub-level corridor heading towards the potions room. She reluctantly was heading back to class for the second time that day to complete a project they had started earlier. NEWT preparation was already becoming quite difficult to swallow and they were only into the first month of the first term. She heaved a heavy sigh as she pushed her way through the heavy door and entered the room.

Narcissa was surprised to see not too many people in the room, she assumed more would be here to finish their draught projects. She wasn't too bad at the art of potions, one of the best in the class actually. Surely the others who were not present hadn't finished already. Her crystal blue eyes scanned the room and she spotted James Potter, her project partner. The two of them had gotten along considerably well despite their quite different backgrounds. The only thing they really had in common was they were they both purebloods and both managed to do quite well in potions. That was pretty much it. The two of them had shared some barbed exchanges in the past, especially in the early pairing of the two of them for this particular project, but they managed to get through the first half of it anyway without either one of them hexing each other. Had it been Sirius, her bloodtraitor cousin, the outcome would have been quite different indeed.

Narcissa slowly made her way across the smoke filled classroom and walked over to James. She removed her Slytherin robe, revealing her very shapely figure and form fitting outfit. It was quite hot in the classroom with all the smoke, and since this technically wasn't the 'actual' class, she assumed she was safe to work in much less formal attire.

She looked at James, a sly smirk spread across her red lips. "Well, I see you have at least started." She spoke to him in her usual dry tone as she peered over his shoulder and watched as he stirred the ingredients in the cauldron. "I suppose we mine as well get this over with, I have much more important things to do then be here."
Back to top Go down
http://marauders.heavenforum.com
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:55 am

James glanced up, doing a slight double-take at the sight of the...very feminine Narcissa Black standing in front of him. Who knew what those Hogwarts robes were hiding, eh? Raising an eyebrow, he put his ladle down. At least started, pfah.

"I see you've at least shown up." He retorted in a bored accent. There wasn't actually much malice behind the sarcasm, surprisingly. He and Narcissa sniped at each other frequently, but they actualy got on rather well. The dry humour and irony was just the way that they seemed to interact. He smiled almost sadly, in another world, perhaps, they could have been rather good friends. As it stood, one might end up killing the other once they left Hogwarts. It was no secret as to what side Black would side with, just as it was no secret the James would side with the Ministry. Or perhaps not, perhaps, as the whispered rumours were true, he might join with the volunteers who fought them. Heroes, James thought of them. The Order of the Phoenix.

But that was a line of thought for another time, and James had been well prepared to mind his thoughts in public. You never knew who might be listening.

"Believe me, of all the places I'd like to be on an evening like this, a dungeon is not one of them." He glanced at her up and down, giving a wry smirk. "Going out, are we?"

He turned back to the cauldron then, reladling the mixture and allowing it to drop from a height so that she could see the sluggish, viscous liquid's consistency.

"It seems to be going well, I think that kneazle hair you added was a good idea, it's kept the swells right down. What's the next move?"
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Narcissa watched as James turned around to see her. She paid rather close attention to the eyebrow he raised at her as he did this. It was too bad James Potter was, well was who he was. Narcissa always found him quite good looking and rather enjoyed the way he tousled with his hair for some odd reason., but things were the way they were. She would be a Death Eater, standing up for the things she very much believed in, and he would be one of the ones who would help in tracking down the members of her organization. She shook this thought out of her head and listened to him as he spoke to her, his voice was very much like the one she had used with him. "I see you've at least shown up." She looked up at him, her blue eyes fixed on his gaze. "You don't think I would pass up this lovely opportunity to spend my evening in a classroom setting instead of doing something I really enjoy, now do you?" She flashed him a quick smile and brought her hand up to her long blonde hair and gently pushed a few strands away from her face. "Of coarse being partnered up with you does make it a bit more tolerable, at least you know what you are doing."

"Believe me, of all the places I'd like to be on an evening like this, a dungeon is not one of them." Narcissa laughed at this comment. "I myself rather enjoy the dungeon setting, though I believe that has something to do with my character. A Slytherin through and through, that is something that is quite certain.” Narcissa watched as James looked her up and down, a smirk formed on her lips as he did this. She wasn't going to pretend she didn't enjoy this attention from him, she rather enjoyed that he noticed her. "Me, going out? No, not tonight, at least not that I know of anyway. I always dress like this. Appearance is something that is rather a priority to me." She smirked at him slightly and then brought her attentions back to the simmering cauldron, the reason she was there.

"It looks pretty good so far." She bent down and reached into her bag that she had dropped on the floor earlier and grabbed her textbook and turned to the page on the draught of Hercules. "It says here the next step is to add three Jobberknoll feathers, adding them one at a time and stirring four times clockwise as each is added." Narcissa looked at the table they were working off of and saw that they did not have the feathers among their ingredients. "I'll go get them." She walked off towards the ingredients cabinet slowly and retrieved the ingredients. She then handed them to James, her fingers lightly brushing the palm of his hand as she transferred the feathers to him. "I will let you do the honors."
Back to top Go down
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:57 pm

He noticed her smirk as he visually appraised her, a wry grin of his own forming at her compliment. Who'd have thought, two Blacks and a Potter getting along.

"Certainly Slytherin, you are." He murmured to himself. "I'll stir, you add? I think there's some Jobberknoll feathers in that vial there." He pointed at the other side of the bench, retrieving his long wooden spoon as he did so. They concentrated on the task for a moment, James forcing his eyes to look straight forward at the mixture and not...elsewhere. Certainly not at outfits that really, should be illegal. Lily Lily Lily, he repeated as a mantra over and over in his head, then realised just how ridiculous that really was. Despite his long-term fixation with a certain red-haired Head Girl, he'd been out with other girls, of course he had. He was a teenage male after all, not a eunuch.The defining difference was that he never felt quite happy with any of them. It didn't stop him from appreciating the female form, however.

Once all of the feathers were added, he allowed the potion to stand for a moment, turning to the book.

"One-third heat...and then a few more stirring sequences, a sprinkling of seersdust and then we don't really have anything to do for ten minutes." He leant against the desk, one foot up on the bottom brace of the benchstool. "Good week, then?" He asked, genuinely interested. It wasn't something that kept him awake at night, but they didn't speak outside of these study sessions, really. The logistics would be a nightmare, especially since James was always with Sirius or vice versa. It was a well-known fact in the school that the two of them hated each other with the fiery passion of a thousand suns...Sirius had been pissed off enough that James had agreed to work with her, let alone talk to her in public. "How's Andromeda?"
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Narcissa nodded at James' comment confirming she was in fact Slytherin. "Sure, i'll add while you stir." She added the feathers carefully, making sure to add them at the precise moments each time. She looked on as James did a few more stirring sequences and changed the heat slightly under the cauldron. They had a bit of time to let the potion simmer before they needed to add the final ingredients.

"Good week? I suppose you could call it that. Not great, but no bad. A few interesting things happened though." She smirked at this thought, she had had a rather interesting meeting with Lucius recently at the top of the astronomy tower. The two of them had discussed their futures a bit, and what that meant for the two of them. The night had ended with the two of them finally sharing their first kiss, but this was something she was not about to share with James.

“Andromeda? She’s fine I suppose, though I am seeing a bit of a change in her since the end of last term. Both Bella and I actually.” She stopped there with this topic. She was getting the feeling that Andromeda was starting to distance herself from the Black family ways a bit. She hoped with everything she had that she was mistaken, but something told her that things with Meda were changing for the worse, at least in her eyes anyway.

"I can't believe how much work we are getting though. I knew NEWT preparation was going to be a bitch, but I didn't think they would be piling so much work on us in the first few weeks of the first term. It's going to be a long year I am afraid." She shrugged and then looked at him, the slightest hint of a smile on her lips. "So tell me, what kind of a week has our infamous Head Boy had?" Her smile quickly turned to one of her trademark smirks. "Tell me, how did you manage that rather prestigious position?"
Back to top Go down
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 1:55 pm

James shrugged as Narcissa mentioned the change in her sister. Of course, when she mentioned her other sister, he kept his mouth clamped shut. Somehow, he didn't think that she would appreciate his opinions on Bellatrix. Come to think of it, the crazy bitch was probably listening in somehow.

"People change," He said matter-of-factly as he began the second stirring cycle. "Part of life I guess, I've noticed that Peter's been a bit absent recently too...distant..." He trailed off, before clearing his throat. Internal Marauder politics were not to be discussed, especially not with a Slytherin. And especially not with Sirius' cousin. He smiled sympathetically as she revealed that he wasn't the only one to find the NEWTs something of a challenge.

"I know, it's ridiculous isn't it. I've barely got time to sleep lately, let alone eat." He turned the spoon anti-clockwise before glancing up at her. "My week's been much like yours. Not great, but not bad either." He couldn't help the small grin as he thought back to the times he'd spent with his friends and Lily, the latter seeming to be a constant presence in his mind at the moment. It was quite distracting, actually. "Would be nice to have a reduced workload though." His eyebrow quirked upwards once more at her question as he set down the spoon again, reaching for the snuff-box full of Seerdust.

"How did I get it? I don't know, really. Must have done something very wrong in a past life." He joked. "Seriously though, everyone's utterly shocked that I got it. I'm not that irresponsible you know. Mostly. Well I'm sort of okay. Truth is, Dumbledore is as Dumbledore does I suppose."

"So, Hogsmeade weekend's coming up soon. Doing anything fun?"
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Narcissa sneered at James' comment about people changing. "Yes, you are quite right, though some definitely change for the worse." Her thoughts went to Meda and how she hoped she was not changing her ways. To do so would definitely get her kicked out of the family tree, a thing that was not too often done. She hoped her sister would continue in the Black family ways, for her own good.

She watched James as he started the next steps in the draught process and listened to his thoughts on the immense workload they had been getting. "You know, you don't have to do all the work, take a break." She took the ladle from him, brushing her hand against his and then brushing up against his side a bit, a sly smile on her lips. "Sorry about that." Of coarse she wasn't the least bit sorry. She rather enjoyed it actually.

She stirred the potion now in a counterclockwise position and bent quite far over to grab a hellebore spore off of the table. She tossed it in and then backed up quickly, never stopping the stirring process but to get away from the cloud of purple smoke that penetrated the air around them when she added the spore. "I always hated that part." She looked at James who was leaning on the desk now looking quite relaxed. "Alright Potter, what's the next step?"

She listened to him explaining her question about how he got Head boy. She laughed at his comment about him doing something bad in a past life. He certainly had a good sense of humor, something that intrigued Narcissa, though she usually was not one to enjoy such things. "Ahhh yes, Dumbledore. Quite an unpredictable man he is I dare say."

Narcissa had to admit she was having a better time than she thought she would stuck in potions class working on an assignment. It was turning out to be quite interesting. "So, Hogsmeade weekend's coming up soon. Doing anything fun?" "I suppose I will most likely go with Lucius as usual, unless that is, you're asking me to go with you?" She smiled at him in a devilish sort of way. He would no sooner take her there than he would take Lucius, but she couldn't pass up this opportunity to bring up the topic.
Back to top Go down
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:49 pm

His eyebrows shot right up at the contact, her skin gliding over his smoothly, assuredly. He felt the rest of her body shift upwards until it grazed his, the girl close enough for him to almost taste her scent on the air.

Sorry. Yeah, right.

Think of Lily, think of Lily, think of Sirius...think of Sirius in Lily's clothes...

He had to fight the urge to groan as he blinked, his vision coming back into focus just as Narcissa bent low over the table to daintily pluck a Hellebore spore from the container on the far side of the desk.

Why, why did he have to put these ingredients in those positions?

There was certainly no doubt that Narcissa was an attractive girl. Beautiful, really. Her figure was enticing, her sharpness and her wit exciting...her personality not so much. A little too much cruelty, but he supposed it was how she was raised. It would be so simple to return her fire, to provoke her in the same ways. He wasn't, after all, an amateur at seduction, and by the looks of things she was something of an adept.

But that would just be silly, even if she did have lovely legs. Sirius would kill him.

"Unpredictable? I don't think McGonagall even knows what he's going to do next." He replied, but in a fond, rather than harsh way. He'd always liked Dumbledore, seen a kindness in him that was rare for such an authority figure. And he supposed he owed him rather a lot, for letting them get away with even half of the things that they had.

"Fun day out with the blood traitor?" He grinned rogueishly, teasing her. "Honestly, I think you'd have a...well, not a better time with Lucius, but probably one more to your tastes." He winked at her before waving the remains of the smoke out of the way. "Next it's diced Jamray root and ground chizpurfle carapaces, then we're done again until the next cycle...I think...might want to check that."
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 4:02 pm

A smirk appeared on Narcissa's lips yet again as James started talking about McGonagall. She never really cared for her personally and Dumbledore...let's just say that the Black family's view on him was not the most pleasant. Narcissa was not about to bring this up to James. They were getting along well and it was easier this way. "Well, he certainly is a bit surprising sometimes on his actions, but he seems alright." This last bit was of coarse not true but what was she going to say? That she thinks he's quite an idiot who hasn't a clue what he is doing? No, that would definitely start an argument.

"Fun day out with the blood traitor?" Narcissa laughed in a bit of a more sinister tone than she intended to. She knew he was what she indeed classified as someone who was a bloodtraitor, but for some reason she didn't emphasize this to him like she did with a lot of the others. "I think the day could get rather....interesting if we did indeed meet up there." Another sly smile would adorn her features and she looked into his hazel gaze. Why did he intrigue her so much? Lucius would be quite upset if he saw the two interacting on such a personal level with each other, then again, what would her cousin think about this? The one who definitely fit the bloodtraitor category. "Honestly, I think you'd have a...well, not a better time with Lucius, but probably one more to your tastes." "Well Potter." She said, starting a bit of a strut as she walked around him. "You never know, you just may learn things about me that, well let's just say you would never in your wildest dreams expect." She stopped right in front of him, facing him, not but a foot separating the two of them. She then ran her finger up his chest and brought it up under his chin, making sure to do it slowly. She was acting quite the temptress today, funny how he brought that out in her.

She then focused her attention back on the reason they were there to begin with, the draught of Hercules. "I will dice the Jamray root if you grind the chizpurfle." Narcissa made her way back over to the table they were working on and grabbed her knife and bent over slightly as she began working on the ingredient.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Sirius decided that it would be fun to rig James' cauldron with a dungbomb. It was his usual mischievious way, and besides it would serve Prongs right. Besides their plot to have Malfoy wake up with a few bed fellows they haven't spent much time doing what it is they do best. He knew James had more responsibility this year, but he never thought he would ever shirk this much on his Marauding. Maybe this would knock a bit of sense into him, though recalling the many pay backs he recieved for pulling things like this on him, Sirius only hoped this time would be the same. At least then Prongs would be participating. It was always fun playing these little games and over the years Sirius had come to expect a year full of them. James had grown increasingly distant and he barely spent much time around him, Peter, and Remus anymore. When he did, it looked as if he were exhausted and withdrawn. Of course him spending as much time with Evans as he had been doing, it was only expected. Her ability to hamper ones playful manner and subdue them quickly with her motherly griping was famous. He himself has been on the recieving end of the griping more times than he would care to remember. No wonder Prongs has been downtrodden he thought. It was up to him to rescue James, and this hopefully would do the trick. Making his way down to the sub-levels Sirius couldn't help himself but feel as if this was more than just a simple prank. To him it was bringing back the Prongs he knew and loved. He was almost overcome with excitement. If only he would put this much effort in his studies, he would probably be Head Boy instead of James. But he was glad he wasn't, he didn't envy the position at all.

Upon reaching the dank barely lit area of Hogwarts Sirius went over how he would make his plan work. Hopefully no one was in the room and it would be a simple procedure. Though as he had came to find out in the past, nothing of this nature was as simple as it sounded. But he was an elite in these matters and welcomed any obstacle that followed. The echoes he heard as he walked down the hall brought his usual sly grin to his lips. The closer he got to the classroom the wider it would grow. Pausing for a moment to look through his materials, Sirius didn't want to start his work and then find he had forgot something. Satisfied at the sight that all he needed was there he continued down the hall. Reaching the entrance to the robust professor's classroom he would take a deep breath before entering. Turning the knob and slowly pushing the door open, the creaking sound it made startled Sirius. It somehow seemed louder and more prominent than any other time he opened it. Snapping his head looking left then right down the hall he was relieved to see no one around. Slowly he leaned his head through the barely opened door. What he saw nearly caused him to choke on his own tongue. Narcissa and James working together! He knew they were lab partners but never in a million years would he expect them to be around each other longer than they had to be. Whats more it looked as if a bit of flirting was taking place. Outraged Sirius swung the door open causing it to slam against the wall with a loud bang. Eyes narrowed as he looked at his cousin the hatred in his stomach began to boil."Whats going on here!?!? he shouted as he stomped his way into the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 12:06 am

Lucius meandered his way down into the dungeons, his bag hanging lazily at his side as he walked down the stairs and into the corridor. He wasn't particularly thrilled about potions. He loved the art, it wasn't that. It was that he had it with them. James Potter and his little posse. Oh how he despised them. He and his own group had spent much of the prior years in squabbles, fights, and the like...usually ending in a few hexes bouncing off the walls. He stopped outside the potion's classroom, removing his book from his bag before walking in.

He had expected there to be more people there, but the less he had to deal with people and their stupidity, the better. He was staring at his book as he walked to the front of the class, not yet noticing James and Narcissa. He only looked up when he heard that bloodtraitor cousin of hers shout.

"What are you telling about now Black?!" He snapped tossing his bag down on the floor by his cauldron and his book onto the work table. What he saw next completely mortified and astounded him. James was working with Narcissa. James was working with Narcissa. "What's this?" His hand immediately went for his his wand as he stormed over, steely gray eyes full of contempt.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Still unable to calm himself as he stormed into the potions classroom Sirus was beside himself with anger. What the hell was Narcissa doing flirting with his best friend? Outraged and disgusted, Sirus stopped just a few feet away from the two and stared at them both. His thoughts of pranking James and having a bit of fun instantly vanished the moment he laid his eyes on them. His face was probably four shades of red and the look in his eye would cause a boggart to fear him. Before he was able to utter another word he was interrupted by another shout from behind him. He'd recognize that hiss of a voice anywhere, Malfoy! Now he was really agitated, not only did he have to stomach his cousin but now Lucius was there. Closing his eyes and shaking his head, trying to clear his thoughts, Sirius didn't want to act irrationally. It was a tense environment and the wrong move could cause someone to get hurt. Though he didn't mind at all if it would be either one of the Slytherins, he didn't want to risk putting James in harms way. He knew however that Prongs was more than capable of handling himself, he just didn't see any reason to escalate the situation any further than it already had. Funny thing, when it came to friends especially James, Sirius was rational and smart, but otherwise he had gained the reputation as an irresponsible jokester. But now wasn't the time for thoughts like that. Besides his anger, Sirius had to take control of the situation and relieve the tension somehow. Too late for that however, Malfoy already had noticed Narcissa with James and made a move for his wand.

Being a Slytherin was more than Sirius coould stomach, but being a Malfoy and a Slytherin was twice as bad. Whats more how dare he go for his wand with the obvious intent to hex James. Siruis would not and could not stand for this. Action had to be taken. Reaching for his own wand Sirius pulled it out and pointed it straight into the back of Lucius. "Malfoy!" He said in a raised voice, "Don't even think about it, if you know whats best for you!"
Back to top Go down
Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:46 pm

Oh what was this? His cold eyes flitted from James to Sirius immediately and he put on a nasty sneer. "Know what's best for me? You filfhty blood traitor!" His blood was boiling, more than likely giving his pale skin the look that he had been sunburned. How dare he get in his way! The thought of Potter fled his mind and he turned on Sirius, wand clenched tightly in his gloved hand. "Colloportus!" The familiar squelching noise of the door being seald was heard. "There, now we can deal with this without that walrus interfering." He glared at Sirius, his eyes full of rage and contempt. It was enough that he hated him because he was a traitor, leaving his family for whatever half-thought reason, but the fact the he had gotten in his way only angered him more. "Expelliarmus!" He shouted, taking a step towards Sirius as his wand flew out of his hand. "Now sit like the dog you are! Locomomotor mortis!"
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty
Admin
Sinister Beauty

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:57 am

As Narcissa continued to work on the Jamray root her attention was suddenly brought to the sound of the door being slammed open, followed by quite a loud yell. "Whats going on here!?!?" Narcissa knew that voice anywhere. She immediately felt her whole body filling up with rage at the mere sound of him. Sirius Black. Narcissa quickly walked over to him, the look of pure hatred on her face, her voice low and full of loathing and contempt. "Who the hell do you think you are coming in here demanding anything? What's going on here is none of your concern. And what I do....well let's just say that if you even attempt to pry into my personal affairs, the results I can assure you, will be deadly ones. That is of coarse, after I make you suffer a bit."

Within seconds she heard another enter the room. "What are you telling about now Black?!" Lucius sneered, charging into the room and throwing his bag onto the floor, drawing his wand almost immediately. An evil smile now settled itself on Narcissa lips. He would definitely not let Sirius get away with this. She stood there and watched as the two of them began their verbal exchanges.

"Don't even think about it, if you know what’s best for you!" Narcissa let out a sinister laugh. Her cousin was even more obtuse than she thought he was. He obviously didn't know Lucius' ways. He had just given him not only time to think of what his next move would be, but he didn't take the chance at disarming his opponent before he could use his wand against him. Narcissa was glad now that Sirius had taken the path opposite his families, for one that didn't even premeditate their opponent, certainly would be too weak to ever be accepted into the Dark Lord's organization.

She quickly made her way over to stand beside Lucius, drawing her wand incase anyone else tried to interfere with the events now unfolding. "I do believe you picked the perfect moment to arrive here, in our happy little setting. I have to say I was growing quite bored with my dear cousins attempts at having a little family reunion." She smiled at him and her eyes lit up with a nefarious luminosity as she watched him quickly start working his magic, uttering a sequence of spells in that dark and low voice she loved. Watching him first seal the door shut, disarm Sirius and then listened as he told her cousin to sit like a dog and then rendering him with the leg locker curse.

She now walked closer to Lucius, standing but a foot apart from him. "You know I love it when you are like this." She whispered and then she smiled at him in her usual alluring way. It was quite interesting with Lucius and Narcissa, the way they were with each other, the things that one of them would do that would draw them to each other. She loved his darker qualities, as he loved hers. It was something that drew them together, and the passion that sparked because of it was nothing short of electrifying. One witch, one wizard, so much alike, ruthless, powerful, remorseless. Bound together, they would make quite an efficacious team.

Narcissa then prepared herself for the next chain of events that were bound to happen. Certainly James would get in on this. She was not about to throw any curses around, not unless she needed to. This was certainly not the place for it. She gripped her wand a bit tighter and pointed it firmly in front of her, ready to administer some of her quite advanced charms work if the occasion called for it. She doubted that James would throw anything her way, the two of them never had any exchanges any more that a few disagreements. Sirius, on the other hand, would most definitely strike her the first change he got, but seeing that he didn’t have his wand, at least for the moment anyway, she was safe from having to dodge anything he would throw her way.

Whatever was about to happen, if anything, it had better happen quickly. Professor Slughorn would be arriving soon, and the last thing any of them wanted was detention with him. The overstuffed Slytherin’s detentions were nothing short of suicidal boredom.
Back to top Go down
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:30 pm

To say that James sighed in unbridled despair as Sirius stormed into the room would be an understatement.

To say that James, if possible, sank even further into the quagmire of despair when Lucius turned up would be another understatement.

However, he very much doubted that it would be possible to understate the sheer rage flowing through his veins right now, as the Slytherin threw several spells at Sirius, Narcissa drawing her wand to stand by him. Briefly, an urge to simply hex seven shades of shit into Lucius overpowered his limbs, his fingers twitching in anticipation for his wand. But then, a flash of the letter he received that summer passed through his mind, a glimpse of neat, slanted text and one particular sentence pushed into his consciousness.

"THAT. IS. ENOUGH!" He bellowed, not caring who heard or who rushed in, be they a Professor or another Slytherin. With spellwork so fast that he surprised even himself in retrospect, his wand flashed through the air quicker than the eye could track, twirling and flicking with a silent, non-verbal command. A bright flash illuminated the room for a moment, causing everyone to shield their eyes, and when it faded Lucius, Narcissa and Sirius were all knocked off of their feet, an utterly furious James Potter standing over all of them, wand clenched firmly in his left hand.

"You're all behaving like CHILDREN!" He shouted, feeling his face turn red and the veins in his neck beginning to protrude. "YOU!" He shouted, turning to Lucius. "Whatever the hell you think is going on, I assure you, is not! Do you see me bursting in on you when you're working with Evans? If you took more than two seconds to think with your brain instead of your wand, you might have noticed the ingredients everywhere, or the simmering cauldron which," He glanced over, the force of his spell having caused the mixture to topple out of its container, "is now RUINED, you fucking idiot!" He wheeled around, looking directly at Narcissa.

"YOU are supposed to be a PREFECT! What the fuck did you think you were doing, joining in instead of breaking it up? Now I really, really don't care if you two," He motioned between Sirius and Narcissa, glaring at them both equally, "can't accept the fact that you're different. I don't care if you're both so fucking immature that you can't be in a room with each other without bickering like first years, but I will NOT have this kind of thing happening while I'm Head Boy." He waved his wand irritably at his best friend, shouting 'finite incantatum'.

"You come with me." He hissed, already stuffing his potions kit back into his satchel before slinging it over his shoulder. "You two," He glanced back at Lucius and Narcissa, the venom dripping from his voice. "You two disgust me."

Without another word, he stormed out of the potions lab, slamming the heavy door on his way out and leaving a room full of bewildered seventh years behind him.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 4:56 am

The next few moments were a bit of a blur to Sirius. Here he was one moment wand pointed at Malfoy, his anger boiling beyond anything he's ever felt before, the next minute his wand was thrown from his grasp and he was unable to move. The only thing he could hear was the sound of the door slamming shut and Lucius locking it afterwards. Sirius felt no fear at all, he was no coward, but he was mentally kicking himself for acting without thinking. This position he was in wasn't a good one by any definition of the word. He was at the mercy of that ass of snake Malfoy, and his precious bitch of a cousin Narcissa. It was still rather funny to him for some reason, Sirius always did like to see the Slytherins infuriated. It was so easy to do so. But here he was now, unable to move, unable to protect himself, and looking straight up at the two. He couldn't keep himself from laughing out loud at the looks on their faces. The sneers and the evil in their eyes, he found funny for some odd reason. His laughing was sure to drive them all the more insane and he really hoped it would.

What happened next however was completely unexpected, and in Sirius' mind beyond any reasoning he could fathom. The outrage he saw in James, the anger was seething. He has never seen James that pissed off in his life. The way his voice sounded and the look in his eyes, it wasn't the same Prongs from years passed, no this was a completely different Prongs. It was apparent to Sirius now , that he had to have a talk with his best friend. There was something on his mind and the pressure of what is was, was getting to him. His yelling and spiteful remarks towards Malfoy and Narcissa, and his words directed at both him and Narcissa and their rivalry. Once he was able to move Sirius stood up glaring at all three (yes even James). Dusting himself off with his hands he walked over to where his wand flew and retrieved it. Sirius has never once thought James would ever change but the events thats taken place this year, Sirius has finally seen he was somehow different. Retrieving his satchel he followed James out of the door but not before glancing back over his shoulder looking at Lucius and Narcissa with disgust. Once out of the classroom he caught up to his friend. Looking at Prongs warily but seriously he grabbed him by the shoulder causing them to stop, "Prongs, what the hell happened in there?" Shaking his head he continued, "We have to talk man."
Back to top Go down
Prongs

Prongs

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 2:04 pm

James wheeled around, the adrenaline still pumping through his system.

"Yeah, we do, what the hell was that about? Narcissa's my lab partner, yeah she's a flirt, but what the hell am I supposed to do about it?" He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and he began walking back towards Gryffindor tower again, motioning for Sirius to keep up. "Look, mate, I appreciate you standing up for me and all, I really do." he spared a smile for his best friend, trying to show that he wasn't really pissed off at him, just generally out of patience. "It's just...you can't rise to it, it gives them an excuse, you know?" Even as he said it, he knew that it was a lie. Lucius was always spoiling for a fight with one of them, seemingly bent on his own little Sanguist crusade inside Hogwarts. The problem was, that he was clever. He manipulated situations, pushed the right buttons until he goaded people into it. Sirius was angry enough and so set in his beliefs that he was a prime target for people like that.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you," He said finally, after long moments of walking. "I didn't mean to, I just fucking lost it, you know?" He sighed again, his jaw working as he thought about what to say next. "My mum and dad are on assignment, something closed-book by the sounds of it, incommunicado for a couple of weeks." He stared and walked straight ahead, not caring about the students who had to duck out of their way as they advanced. "It's just getting to me, those Slytherin twats, their views...the fact that they act on them and now suddenly, I'm the one who has to break it up when it's all I can do not to swing a few punches and throw a few hexes myself, knock them back on their racist, bigoted arses."

"It's getting worse." He said finally. "The war, I mean. It's coming here, and I don't know how much longer I can pretend that I'm not a part of it, that I can just carrying on having a laugh with you guys and not think about what I'm going to do. Where I stand. I just don't think we're kids anymore, Padfoot."
Back to top Go down
Padfoot

Padfoot

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Sirius stood there awaiting James' reply. He stared directly in his eyes and could tell there was a lot on his mind. He listened intently to him as he spoke. His voice had more of a mature sound to it than it has ever had before. Sirius knew that James meant every word that came out of his mouth. He was stressed, exhausted, and it seemed to Sirius, he had a weight upon his shoulders. There was a different air about him than there ever was. It was a bit intimidating, but the more Sirius listened the more he began to understand some of what he was being told. "I don't really know what came over me. I just lost all sense of composure when I saw you and Narcissa standing together. I know you and her are lab partners, but I just couldn't stand seeng her flirting with you, she and my family have taken damn near everything from me, and I guess I just felt like she may be trying to push in on our friendship." His voice was low and a bit of remorse hit his features as he thought back on the day he ran away. Walking with James now as they made thier way towards the common room, suddenly everything became a bit more real to him. The words he heard, seemed to bring him back into reality. They were brothers in his mind James and his parents were the only family he had, besides Peter and Remus. He would be damned if he lost any of them to his wretched cousins or any other Black family member.

Quirking a brow at hearing James tell him there was no reason to rise to the Slytherin's taunts and rantings, he was a bit perturbed. On many occasions in the past James enjoyed flaring thier tempers just as much as he did. Especially that of one Lucius Malfoy, 'what a prick' Sirius thought, and the whiny Severus Snape. But in some strange way he knew deep down James was right. Reacting to their words he only played right into the game. But still it didn't take the satisfaction away when he was able to out think any of them. Hearing the apology afterwards, Sirius nodded in acceptance, he knew James had a lot running through his mind and as much as he hated to admit to himself that all of this had to happen sooner or later. Now that he was beginning to understand what James was going through, Sirius understood without a doubt his reaction in the Potions classroom. "I know exactly what you mean Prongs, I accept your apology." He slapped him on the back as spoke. "It must be something important then, given there has been no word from them. I 'm sure they're fine though, after all putting up with you they would have to be damn near invincible." now nudging him a bit as a small smile defined itself on his lips.

Adjusting his satchel hanging off his shoulder Sirius continued to listen. Oblivious to all that was around the two as they walked. It was apparent that James held tremendous distaste of Slytherins and their views. This also held true with Sirius, what with him being sorted into Gryffindor as opposed to Slytherin like just about all of his family before him. "I completely understand my friend, Sometimes I would like nothing more than to bust them in thier mouths as well, just to see how "pure" their blood really is." The thought of actually seeing that pleased him to no end. With him not paying attention Sirius ran right into a small second year Ravenclaw. The impact barely phased him but the force caused the boy to drop his things. Sirius bent down to help him regather his items and then patted him on his shoulder as he sent him on his way. Finally after hearing James' final words Sirius stopped dead in his tracks. Waiting for him to turn around Sirius' eyes narrowed, he knew James spoke true but upon hearing it just then Sirius realized he never took the time to think about any of these things. "James", Sirius crossed his arms, "This war, I agree it is coming, and you know I'll stand by your side. But to dwell on such matters, trying to balance that and your responsibilities, it's more than any of us can handle right now." Funny Sirius thought, him talking about being responisible, shifting his weight he continued, "And no we aren't kids anymore, but we aren't old fogey's either, as long as we're here we are the Marauders, we are family. After this year, it will be time to discuss things such as this." Though Sirius knew where he would stand, he didn't feel it was necessary to talk over these kinds of things. After seeing how his family was and what they thought was the right way, Sirius knew he would have no part of that, he was with James his brother. He stood with Remus and Peter, they were his family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No place feels like home   No place feels like home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No place feels like home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey to the past :: Old Threads :: Deep in the depths of the Black Lake-
Jump to: