Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And the world keeps turning

Go down 
+7
Sinister Beauty
Briar_Rose
MarieC
Moony
Padfoot
Prongs
LilyFlower
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Padfoot

Padfoot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-04-11

And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 1:31 am

After sending the note back towards Dory, Sirius found himself pleased. His response was sure to make her anticipate their meeting. Of course he knew already that she wanted him. It was nothing new at all, he's had many girls fight for his attention and he willingly obliged each and every one of them. Though never has a relationship gone past a few days. Sirius had a reputation of being able to have his way with the ladies, and it was legendary right along side his exploits as a Marauder. Some would think him to be cocky and arrogant but not one of them could deny the simple truth of the matter. A satisfying notion overcame him at the thought of what Dory must me thinking, she must be overcome with joy. He could tell by the look in her eye when they spoke she was entranced by his charm. 'And here I thought that this visit to the library would be boring and uneventful' Sirius thought to himself. Though he should be working on his project with Lily, he couldn't help himself but to take a small pleasure playing this little game. Remus and James seemed not to notice to much as they sat there quietly keeping to themselves. With a shrug of his shoulders Sirius ran a hand through his hair as he awaited for the boring study time to begin.

Leaning back in his chair making himself comfortable Sirius started to drift off into another daydream esque daze. Though nothing in particular ran through his mind, it must of been quite a sight to see. His capacity for learning had it's limits and after classes were over with Sirius hated that he had to do homework and study. Especially having a partner as one Lily Evans. And to top all that off it was probably his worst subject, potions. How he hated the class, having to measure precise amounts and watch the solution cook in a big black pot. It was necessary however, no matter how much he despised it. Bringing himself out of his daze Sirius saw out of the corner of eye something floating yet again. Snatching it out of the air he once again opened with his wand and read the contents. As he suspected it was a note confirming they're meeting. She decided to hold it in the gardens after hours. That was fine with him and he would say so in his reply. But her next statement seemed to cause Sirius to laugh aloud for a moment. Did she actually think she could keep up with Sirius Black? I guess in her mind she did, but he wasn't about to let her think she could handle him. She was in his territory now and this is where he made the rules. Grinning as hard as one could Sirius retrieved another piece of parchment and dipped his quill in the black ink and wrote.

Dory
We will meet in gardens, but the many flowers will pale in comparison to......
my good looks. And I can assure you I can keep to myself as easily as I can write this note. You however, seem to be trying to assure yourself that you will be able to keep your hands off of me. But I do understand, many have tried in the past and many have failed. As for me having to try a bit harder to actually be the man of your dreams tsk tsk, your eyes clearly give you away everytime we speak. Again I understand this. So I do not have to try harder and you know this. But nonetheless I will take this oppurtunity and give you more of what you want, which is me.

The king of your heart,
Sirius

With the reply Sirius rolled the parchment up and returned it back from whence it came.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Surrender

Sweet Surrender

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 3:38 am

Dora smiled at herself. She was rather enjoying this note sending game. She was quite curious to see Sirius' response to her last writings. She was trying to appear not too smitten with him, but she knew she couldn't hold off for too much longer. How was it he did what he did to her? Just the sight of him made her heat race, but it wasn't just his good looks, it was everything about him. His smile, his hair and the way it hung half untidy at this shoulders, the way he walked, his scent, it was everything. She shook her head. She really had to get concentrating on her homework, but she just couldn't seem to focus.

Just as she began opening her charms text book once more, another roll of parchment came floating next to her. She reached out her hand and grabbed it. She then turned around to look at Sirius, a large grin on her red lips as she locked eyes with him briefly. She turned back around and carefully opened the note.

She laughed out loud at the sheer arrogance of it. A lot of girls she assumed would tear the note up after reading some of the text in there, but not Dora, no way in hell. She found it a bit amusing, and quite cute to say the least. This was Sirius at his finest, being his true self. This was one of the things she enjoyed about him.

She grabbed another roll of parchment out of her bag and unrolled it. She then began writing to the suave Marauder once more.

Sirius,

I must admit I find your reply a bit amusing.
I never knew that you compared yourself to
a flower's beauty. The things you learn about
your peers when you get to know them better.

So, you feel that you will be able to refrain
yourself in my presence? That's great, I wouldn't
want you to attempt anything remotely out of your
suave character. If you can refrain and hold back,
then I definitely can. You say others have tried and
failed? Well then obviously they were not girls like me.
I, Mr. Black am not just any other girl. I shall indeed
prove this to you when we have our meeting.

It's nice to see that you have been paying close attention
to my eyes, and what it is you think you can read in them.
How about this. When we meet, later tonight, look deeply
into them, and see what it is they are reflecting. Man of my
dreams...possibly, but look even deeper. The eyes are the
windows to the soul, and I can tell you that there is a lot
more to me than you know. My dreams, my passions. All
will be revealed, that is, if you wish to learn them.

So, you will give me more of what I want? Which is you?
Alright, I will not argue with this generous offer, you of coarse,
are the reason I asked you to meet me in the first place.

Your flower of the night,

Dory

She then rolled up thee parchment. Taking a quick glance around the room, she spotted Madam Pince eying her from a distance. Deciding she would not want to receive detention for floating notes across the room, especially tonight, and smiled at the librarian and stood up from her chair. She slowly and quietly made her way over to the table where Sirius was sitting with his friends. She walked over to him and leaned down and whispered in his ear as she handed him the note. "For the King of my heart." She smiled at him a moment, locking her deep blue eyes into his brown gaze briefly. Then as quietly as she walked to him, she walked away, taking her seat once more at the table she shared with Marley.
Back to top Go down
Rookwood

Rookwood

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 2:27 am

Seated at the small table by the entrance, Augustus reached inside his bag to withdraw a feather quill. Twirling it around his fingers, he bit his lip as he contemplated on how to start the his proposal to work at the Ministry of Magic. Suddenly he heard an uncertain cough at his elbow. With an encouraging smile, Augustus nodded toward Abigail Cuttenworth, the Hufflepuff first year he agreed to tutor History of Magic to last month. Shifting his position in the library chair, Augustus Rookwood stretched his arms overhead and covered up a loud yawn that escaped his mouth. As the old librarian gave him a disapproving glare over the ruckus he made, Augustus gave her an apologic smile and mimicked being quiet. For his boyish efforts, he earned a tight half smile and nod from the old croon. Augustus knew the old woman had a soft spot for him as he was usually in the library tutor one student or another on any subject. Quite pathetic it was, that people can be so easily tricked over what they believed to be good acts. Turning his head, Augustus rolled his blue eyes in annoyance and leaned back.

Having to play the part of the good pompous prefect wasn’t as bad as he expected it to be. With his excellent grades in nearly every subject, Augustus found that many assumed that he was that type to begin with. Provided with the fact that he spent a few times a week tutoring first years in his spare time, it was like a golden shine to his reputation. Knowing that his reputation was essential to the Dark Lord’s plan to conquer, Augustus knew that his flawless reputation will help greatly in becoming a spy in the Ministry of Magic. With the thought of the future ahead of him, it was hardly any trouble to act the part of the pompous prefect. None at all compared to the riches he would receive.

“Is this conclusion okay for this essay, Augustus?” Abigail suddenly asked as she shoved her parchment at her tutor with anxiety written all over her innocent face.

Grasping the essay in his hands, Augustus’s mind still on the Dark Lord and the honor he would receive upon his master’s reign. With a smile on his face, he nodded more to himself then the little girl with a slight gleam in his eyes. “It will end just perfectly.” Noting the confused look on Abigail's face, he coughed to cover up his blunder. "I mean I think if you added a bit more information about how the Gobin's Rebellion in 1637 helped the Gobin rights now, it would be perfect." Augustus said as he pointed to several parts of the essay. Glancing around the library once more, he saw several Death Eaters, both close and not. Careful to not show any emotion on his face, he let out a tired sigh and turned away.
Back to top Go down
MagicalMe

MagicalMe

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am

"Thank you, Madam," said Molly politely as she tried to transefer her armload of books to the strict librarian. Smiling appologeticly as the elderly lady walked away, slightly unbalanced with the weight of the books, Molly couldn't help but chuckle. She was here not only to return her latest, but to get new ones, and would be back before the end of the week with another pile for Pince.

Walking aimlessly through the rows upon rows of books, some thick and leather bound, some chained to their shelf, some with richly embellished covers, some able to fit into the palm of your hand, Molly couldn't help but overhear...

“Is this conclusion okay for this essay, Augustus?” asked the voice of a young girl.

“It will end just perfectly.” A cough, and then, "I mean I think if you added a bit more information about how the Gobin's Rebellion in 1637 helped the Gobin rights now, it would be perfect."

She pulled a book off of a shelf at random, and began flipping through the pages, holding it in a way that when it appeared she was looking at the page, she was actually looking beyond it, searching for the voices. What was Augustus Rookwood doing here in the library and giving advice? Molly spotted him sitting with a first year girl at a table near her, she bent over an essay, he looking around the library, aparently quite bored. She set the book back on the shelf and walked out of the row over to their table.

"Tutoring?" she asked, voice suprised, but she was smiling. "Didn't know you were still doing that, Augustus. And in our rare free time too! You should feel very lucky," she said, turning her gaze to the girl, "not many would take up a tutoring job in their seventh year."
Back to top Go down
Rookwood

Rookwood

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Augustus started to drift into a daydream when a figure moving across the library interrupted his thoughts. Turning his head, he realized it was just Molly Prewitt, a pretty girl in his year. He’d spoken to her a few times when they were partnered together in Charms last year. Ever since then they’ve greeted each other when they passed in the hall. It never went past that however. ‘Perhaps it’s a sign.’ He thought to himself with a smirk. The Dark Lord has been hounding him for the past couple of weeks to settle himself down after graduation. Preferably with a very sweet non-suspecting girl. Although rumor has it that Molly had a relationship with that Gryffindor muggle loving freak. But perhaps Augustus could change her mind about that.

Suddenly his vision was blurred as someone suddenly appeared in front of him. Glancing up in surprise, Augustus let a genuine smile appear on his face. ‘Well, speak of the devil,’ he thought to himself as he nodded for her to sit in the site beside him. ‘Well, perhaps she’s better described as a lamb rather then the devil.’ As he glanced at his watch, he motioned for Abigail to pack up her books. “That’s it for today. I’ll meet you again on Wednesday night at 8:00 okay?” He asked as he tucked her essay into her bag for her.

"Didn't know you were still doing that, Augustus. And in our rare free time too! You should feel very lucky, not many would take up a tutoring job in their seventh year."

When Abigail left, Augustus turned to Molly and ruffled his hair in mock modesty. “Well, when have I ever done what everyone else did?” He joked as he twirled his quill between his fingers. “After tutoring for three years, I’ve just gotten into the habit of coming here every other night. Might as well help others while I’m at it Besides it’ll look very well on my resume.” He truthfully said.

“But what about you?” Augustus nodded toward her large pile of books next to her. “Just picking up your usual caldron full of books for this week?” He teased as he picked up a large tomb on top. “I would have expected you to be finished with all the books in this library by now.”
Back to top Go down
MagicalMe

MagicalMe

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:46 pm

“...But what about you? Just picking up your usual caldron full of books for this week?” He teased as he picked up a large tomb on top. “I would have expected you to be finished with all the books in this library by now.”

"I nearly am," said Molly, chuckling. "A few more and I'll have read them all." She snatched the book back from him and flipped through its pages. "Well, nearly all of them. This one won't do," she said with a slight frown, neat orange eyebrows furrowing momentarily. "All about the effects of Dark spells- not a very nice topic for light reading." She set that one down next to her teetering pile of books and looked over to Augustus, who was looking mildly suprised at her having a Dark spell book. "Honest, I didn't mean to have that," Molly said hurridly in her defense, laying her hands on the books to steady them before they toppled over. "It was in the wrong section, I swear!"

She laughed lightly, and, when positive the books would stay, removed her hands, placing them instead on the table on either side, just in case. "If you don't mind me asking," said Molly conversationally, "where do you think you'll be sending the resume you mentioned? I haven't been able to decide on anything, whether to go to a healing school, study Herbology- nothing I've looked in to has seemed to suit me."

She gave a small sigh and shrugged. "I want to do something useful, you know? I thought healing would be perfect before I saw some of the things healers have to deal with...Anyway, enough of my chatter, I'll be quiet now and listen." Molly turned towards him, eager to hear the attractive student's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Bertha Jorkins walked into the library, dreadfully planning how she would take on the pile of homework she had been assigned. She was not a bookworm, nor was she a complete slaker. She sat down at an empty table, not allowing herself to socailized just yet. She had to focus on her studies.

She opened her potions book, lookin over the pages she was supposed to read. breathing in deeply, she closed the book. 'Are you crazy,' she thought. 'Starting with potions....' she shook her head at herself. She then opened up her charms book.... her best subject.

Her mind wondered from one ridiculous thing to another..... no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't consintrate. She leaned her head against her hand and starred into space, daydreaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the world keeps turning   And the world keeps turning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And the world keeps turning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2