Journey to the past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the past

A Marauders era RP-forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surprising Nostalgia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charmed_Angel

Charmed_Angel

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Surprising Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Location: The window looking out onto the grounds from the Owlery
Date: November 1975
Summary: Paige sends a letter and reminisces about her past years at Hogwarts
Characters: Anyone who wishes ^_^

Dear Dad and Mum,
The past two months have been very interesting, a definite whirlwind of events. As you can see, I'm still alive, so I haven't gotten in
too much trouble...yet.

Mum, stop hyperventilating. I'm joking. Mostly. Dad, unclench your hands, you're going to hurt yourself.

I hope you both are extremely well, and I can't wait until Christmas break to see you both again.

Much love,
Paige

She carefully folded up the letter and held out her arm for her silvery grey owl, Persephone. After tying the letter to her leg, Paige patted Persephone on the head, and then walked her over to the window. "Take this to Dad and Mum, okay?" she said, letting Persephone fly. As she watched her owl's shrinking figure on the horizon, she was shocked to find a sense of nostalgia creeping through her. It was her last year at Hogwarts. She'd survived through all of the exams, the detentions, the teachers, the boys...She slid her hand under her cheek and leaned against the window-after muttering a quick Scourgify so that she wouldn't get owl droppings on her robes. How many times have I looked down at the grounds from up here? Thousands, certainly. she thought with a smile. From this vantage point she could see a few students jumping in a leaf pile, another group toasting marshmallows over a fire-Filch was sure to get them for that later. Sighing, Paige closed her eyes, allowing the crisp breeze to stroke her porcelain cheeks.

"How refreshing." she whispered to herself, turning her head so that the breeze lifted her brunette locks off of her shoulder slightly. When was the last time I stopped trying to cause trouble and sat still?...oh, I remember, it was during Transfiguration in my second year. I got impatient with that and levitated Peter Pettigrew's wand over his head...that was fun. she chuckled at the memory. McGonagall had been much less than pleased, and given her a whole weekend of detention. The Marauders vanished her chair during Potions the next day, causing her to spill her Ageing Potion all over the floor. Another weekend of detention from Slughorn. "It's been a great seven years." Paige grinned to herself.

A strange noise behind her caused her to spin around, whipping out her wand in one fluid motion. "Who's there?" she called out, the words for the Twitchy Ears jinx forming in her mind, along with the incantation for a Trip jinx. She would assuredly not be afraid to use either...if someone was actually there. Slowly, she turned back around out her window, but her ears were pricked for any more noise.
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei

RhiannonMei

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Marigold walked up the steps to the Owlery, a letter clutched in her hand. She shivered as an unexpected gust of wind blew down the winding tower. For some reason, Marigold had awoken today with a strange feeling in her stomach, as if today would be no ordinary day. She shrugged in response to an echo of the feeling and swiftly tightened her green and silver scarf, in case the wind decided to blow again. Mari couldn't believe it was November already... She couldn't believe that her time at Hogwarts was almost over... it scared her, and that was something that she would only ever admit to herself. Halting at one of the steps, Marigold leaned over the side of the wall and looked down at the grounds. Some students were leaping into piles of leaves... how juvenile. She sneered and was about to Vanish the leaves away, when a second group of students caught her eye. They were toasting marshmallows... Marigold relaxed and her lips settled into the unfamiliar position of a sweet smile. She remembered one time when she had toasted marshmallows in her first year. Of course, they had done it the Slytherin way with all its luxuries and they'd had the protection of some Slytherin Prefects, so they wouldn't get caught by Filch. She sighed. Those were the days when being carefree actually meant being carefree and she hadn't had to worry about things like meddling Gryffindors, Mudbloods, and everyone's allegiances.

Shaking herself out of her reminiscing, Marigold turned and resumed her trek to the Owlery. She reached the top of the tower and suddenly halted as she heard someone cry out, "Who's there?" Marigold rolled her eyes but took out her wand just in case. She entered the Owlery and found herself looking at a Ravenclaw. What was her name? Cleveliond? Cleveland? Yes, that was it. Cleveland. "Cleveland," Marigold said coldly, and looked for Iris. She had a bit of difficulty locating the brown owl, but got to it and ran a soothing finger down its gold-tinged feathers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~rhiannonmei
Charmed_Angel

Charmed_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:14 pm

Slowly, Paige began soothing her frazzled nerves. It had been happening a lot lately, with the word of You-Know-Who's activities growing stronger and coming more frequently. There were bigger things to worry about than making sure the Marauders knew they were not the kings of Hogwarts. And a part of her was severely bothered by that. She liked the air of...solitude, Hogwarts provided for her. It made her feel as though the only things she had to concern herself with were right here, in the castle. Until summer vacation came around again, that is.

When Paige heard someone coldly say her last name, her head whipped around so fast her neck cracked. Massaging the back of her neck with her hand, Paige scowled when she realized it was Marigold Greengrass, a Slytherin girl in her year. "Greengrass." she replied, keeping her eyes on the girl the entire time, even when she pet her owl. In her mind, she reminded herself how there was talk that all the Slytherins planned on joining You-Know-Who's army. That heightened her innate wariness where they were concerned, and given her thoughts just before Marigold had arrived, and her previous anxiousness...Paige was quite on edge. She grit her teeth, forcing herself to calm down. She would not start anything...she had just sent a letter saying how she had been rather good this year, and wasn't about to have to pen another stating that she'd just earned another detention.
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei

RhiannonMei

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 pm

Marigold carefully fed Iris an owl treat from her pocket and smirked as, from the corner of her eye, she saw Cleveland spin around quickly and tense. Marigold sighed lightly and her smirk stayed on her lips. Sometimes, it really made her feel quite heady, how the effect of her in the room changed the entire atmosphere. She loved it, and had to restrain herself from indulging. But right now, Marigold basked in the way her very presence had caused such tension in the air. Marigold fed Iris another owl treat and carefully tied her letter onto the owl's outstretched leg. With a gentle prod towards the open window, Marigold nodded as her trustworthy owl hopped a little and flew away, her wings beating the air. Marigold watched patiently as Iris shrunk to a miniscule dot in the distance and then disappeared.

Dearest Mother and Father,

I read with great pleasure your latest letter and here I respond. School is alright and 7th Year has passed by very quickly. Unfortunately, the NEWTs and OWLs are on the horizon, though there are still quite a lot of months left, meaning that the halls and corridors are often filled with the meaningless chatter of mudbloods and lesser students, as their overzealous and unsophisticated minds fight to prepare. It would be quite amusing, actually, if it didn't mean that the peace of the grounds and the lake are often disturbed... and you know how I detest being disturbed. I can't wait for the first snow fall. Things here at the school are normal and boring... Lucius and Narcissa seem to be getting closer together, and that bloodtraitor cousin of Cissy's and Bella's is being more and more troublesome. The bloodtraitor Black and his 'friends' Potter, Lupin, and Pettigrew seem determined to disrupt the school as much as possible with juvenile pranks. Something quite disturbing recently occurred at this past Masquerade Ball. You do remember Meda, don't you? Andromeda Black? Her sisters have now labeled her as a bloodtraitor because it appears she has gotten much too close to a mudblood of the name Tonks. Although her sisters have written her off as a most definite lost cause, I believe differently. Andromeda has potential, if she could be averted back to her previous beliefs.

That's all I have for now Mother, Father. How are you both? Is there any news from the Ministry or the Manor? I hope to see you both during the upcoming Holidays.

Your Loyal Daughter,

Marigold Nevira Greengrass
Back to top Go down
Charmed_Angel

Charmed_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Keep smirking, Greengrass... she thought as her eyes narrowed. Clearly, she loved being the one to make an entire room filled with so much tension that you could cut it with a knife; the way you could almost smell the fact that a fight would about to break out. Damn Slytherin...Can't wait till she leaves. Her owl flew out the window, and Paige turned to Marigold expectantly. Greengrass should be walking out the door soon, leaving her alone, never looking back twice, off to jump off a bridge or something and make the world a better place. Shockingly, she did none of this.

"What's keeping you, Greengrass?" She asked when Marigold wouldn't leave. Although it wasn't against any sort of school rules, she preferred to be left alone at the present time. True, she could find another place to sit and think, but she'd be damned if she was about to have to move due to a Slytherin's presence.
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei

RhiannonMei

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Marigold heard Cleveland's voice, but didn't answer. Her smirk stayed on her lips for a few moments, but then faded to become an actual smile. She'd forgotten what it was like to just relax - well, as relaxing as she could get - and stare at the sky. Marigold sighed and stared out the window, not paying the Ravenclaw any attention. Marigold sniffed the air and basked in its crispness. It was, literally, a welcome breath of fresh air. Now if only Cleveland wasn't here... But Marigold resigned herself to having to tolerate the girl for a few more moments. She just... just wanted to observe for a moment.

A squeal jerked Marigold from her peace and she glared down at the grounds with narrowed eyes. How dare they.... how dare those little Hufflepuffs, 1st Years by the look of them, interrupt her? She sighed and stopped leaning on the wall. Mari turned her gaze from outside the window and turned. She met the eyes of Cleveland; her face was completely impassive, a sheet of ice. Marigold remembered the Ravenclaw's previous question. It was only polite to answer....

"Absolutely nothing, Cleveland," Marigold said softly. "Absolutely nothing." She brushed past the girl and left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Nostalgia   Surprising Nostalgia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprising Nostalgia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey to the past :: Towers :: The Owlry-
Jump to: